Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What did you do for your childs first birthday?

(11 Posts)
mum2sam Mon 01-Aug-05 10:59:51

DS will be 1 in october but I have no idea on what to do to celebrate it. Please give me some ideas....

nailpolish Mon 01-Aug-05 11:04:17

congrats on having an oct baby - ive got 2 and im very biased but they are the greatest!

tbh, i organised mum to babysit while me and dh went out - dd's were too young to know and i justified it by saying "well, this time last year i was exhaused and in agony, so i deserve a night out!"

(but we did have a tea party with other children and mummies and daddies the next day)

stacijc Mon 01-Aug-05 11:04:31

we had all the family round for a buffet at home, did nothing special just invited the whole crowd

Nemo1977 Mon 01-Aug-05 11:04:52

We had a small tea party at home and invited some friends and family. Nothing major but it was really nice. Ds will be 2 this october and I have no idea what to do this year.

charleepeters Mon 01-Aug-05 11:06:33

DS will be 1 in sep and were going to have a little partyin the garden providing its sunny just so the family can watch him open his pressies and have some cake.

fastasleep Mon 01-Aug-05 11:07:27

I think mine would have preferred a treaty day out to somewhere nice rather than my attempt at a party... which was a bit disasterous...

My friend took her little one to a local bird sanctuary thingamy, I would probably let mine go and crawl and wobble around a soft play place if I had another chance at a first birthday thing! And then maybe dinner with the family..

madmarchhare Mon 01-Aug-05 11:11:22

We had a 'tea' party with family and one or two close friends. Tbh, I wouldnt have bothered as DS obviously wasnt aware but DM & MIL badgered me into it. It was a good day though!

I sent out kids party invitations, triangle sandwiches, balloons etc..the grown ups loved it.

hermykne Mon 01-Aug-05 11:56:53

ds was 1 on sat, and due to firends and family being on hols
we had a lovely tea party with 1 granny, 1 stepgrandad, a great uncle, us and the 2 children
very nice and only the mess of one little boy to tidy up after!

biglips Mon 01-Aug-05 11:59:23

mine wil be 1 in oct too and i think the "1st" birthday is special but everyone is saying "baba wont remember it!"... so probably have a small tea party

anchovies Mon 01-Aug-05 12:08:49

We went to the zoo for the day on his actual birthdaya then out fo tea which he really enjoyed, then had all our family over for tea the next afternoon as it was a saturday and had a cake etc.

Lizzylou Mon 01-Aug-05 12:10:00

DS was 1 in March and we had various family tea parties (I have divorced parents who won't speak to each other!) and then on the actual day, me, DH and Ds went to Chester Zoo, which DS loved (but not as much as we did!!!)....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now