Talk

Advanced search

How many of you would be interested.....

(43 Posts)
colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:43:36

...In a local cafe meet up for boisterous toddlers?

You see, I'm thinking about doing a regular thing in the back yard of a local cafe, which has woodchip and seesaws, and pushing toys etc.

I would make it on the same day at the same time every week, and there would be no charge, but you would have to buy something (tea?) from the cafe.

I would put posters up in town, at schools and stuff. The cafe doesn't sell posh food, it's strictly based on breakfast with added chips, and any variations of that, but it is quite cheap and child tolerant, and I think i could persuade the owner to go for this....

So, I toss it to the Court of Mumsnet. Would 6you^ go to something like this? Or will I be sat there on my own?

PS I don't mean will you, I mean if something similar was near you, would you go. IYSWIM.

hunkermunker Sat 30-Jul-05 22:46:36

Sounds lovely!

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:46:59

No one?

I shall go and eat chips on my own then.

(maybe you're all a bit posh for chips..... stir, stir...)

unicorn Sat 30-Jul-05 22:46:59

where do you live?
suggest you make it early start as boistrous (full of life )kids are often up early.

My kids are up at 6 - 6.30... ready to go somewhere by 7.30.. and nothing, is of course open.

9am opening would help.

sounds brilliant... open near me tomorrow plse..!!!

QueenOfQuotes Sat 30-Jul-05 22:47:01

Yes I probably would, don't have a 'boisterous' toddler - but do have a very lively one - and any 'excuse' to get out of the house with him is great........and I can have a (cheap) cup of coffee while I'm there even better

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:47:40

Oh, wow, look, I seem all oversensitive now! LOL

womba1 Sat 30-Jul-05 22:48:16

Absolutely!!! The main reason i hate going to other toddler groups is because all the other children seem so perfectly behaved and my ds is just.. playful, into everything, boisterous and far too energetic!
This kind of meet up sounds great and if you live near Eastbourne... please start one up?!?!?!?!

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:49:51

I live in Melton Mowbray, in Leicestershire. Only one other Mnetter lives anywhere near me I think!

So, if you saw a poster for this, would you go?

TwinSetAndPearls Sat 30-Jul-05 22:52:17

I would!

unicorn Sat 30-Jul-05 22:52:38

maybe you could start a franchise Colditz..

call it... er 'Colditz fun' ... (there is no escape!)

misdee Sat 30-Jul-05 22:53:20

i would!

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:54:26

<<splutter>> TwinstAndPearls, you can't eat chips! It would destroy all my mental pictures of you!

coppertop Sat 30-Jul-05 22:54:47

I'd be there. Ds2 could use up some of his energy while I stuffed my face with chips.

Is the play area sheltered at all? Just thinking about rainy days etc.

TwinSetAndPearls Sat 30-Jul-05 22:55:25

I have often discussed with dp opening a cafe with young families specifically in mind, good food presented in an imaginative way to tempt kids, book, toys on offer. Notice boards for local events, welcoming breastfeeding mothers, craft sessions and having a room to hire for parties.

One of my many dreams that I never get round to doing and then feel pissed off when I see someone else doing it.

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:56:45

I would be more likely to get the coopoeration of the owner if we make it a lunchtime-y club, or a breakfast-y club, on a normally quiet day.

people will be more likely to eat then, and the cafe will even do table service to outside if there is a gang of you, or you are looking harried!

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:58:20

no, it's not sheltered at all. The seating is outside too, but only the most torrential rain stops me having my plate of chips in peace! Ds likes being wet anyway, as long as he doesn't get cold!

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 22:59:10

As neglectful as that sounds, in hindsight, it's true. he really does not care a jot

coppertop Sat 30-Jul-05 23:05:59

Not neglectful at all. With a coat and wellies on ds2 loves the rain. I'd probably take an umbrella to keep my chips dry though. I wish someone would set up something like that around here.

milward Sat 30-Jul-05 23:47:18

Morning time the best. Outside is good to get fresh air. Sounds great

colditz Sat 30-Jul-05 23:51:09

It's great for my boy, because I find if he runs about outside every day, he sleeps better at night!

Maddison Sun 31-Jul-05 07:39:21

I would go, it'd be great to have some adult conversation for a while

Maddison Sun 31-Jul-05 07:40:00

not meaning that you don't get adult conversation on here of course!!

mandyc66 Sun 31-Jul-05 07:43:54

definately drop in. Maybe not every week but would pop by!!

Mirage Sun 31-Jul-05 19:24:54

I'd bring my dd's Colditz.DD1 loves charging about letting off steam.

There is another Mumsnetter near you-she lives in the next village to me & has a 4 year old DD.She doesn't post much these days,but would probably be interested.

charleepeters Sun 31-Jul-05 19:25:53

I would deffo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now