Talk

Advanced search

"NO MUMMY" that's not what I said - lol

(4 Posts)
QueenOfQuotes Fri 29-Jul-05 21:50:05

This evening at dinner DS1 (nearly 5) was an absolute darling, first of all he told me dinner was "just like KFC" (which we have about 2 times a year if that) when I asked whether it was as good or better he said "as good" - I took that as a positive comment and watched him happily finish the whole plate, and ask for 2nds, then have a whole yoghurt too.

Now at the moment he's just discovered he can 'read' his numbers - so if there are numbers on ANYTHING he has to stop and point at each one and say them out loud. This is also 'manifests' in repeatedly telling me that "I'm FOUR, on my next birthday I'll be FIVE" and that "DS2 is ONE" etc etc

Anyhow, after he'd finished what was a HUGE dinner for him he sat there and said

"I'm four"

me: - "Yes darlng I know you're four"

"no mummy I'm Four"

me - "Yes I heard you darling you're four and you'll be 5 in September"

(this was repeated about 4 or 5 times) until he suddenly said very loudly, and very carefully

"NO MUMMY I'M FOUR IN MY TUMMY"

And that's when the penny dropped - he was saying he was FULL not that he was four

that'll teach me to listen to him properly LOL

charleepeters Fri 29-Jul-05 21:50:48

tiffini Fri 29-Jul-05 21:55:49

When my DS 4yrs does'nt want to eat what is on his plate he tells me

I cant eat that mummy, it wont make me grow taller, it will make me grow smaller and that is very dangerous.

charleepeters Fri 29-Jul-05 21:57:04

I used to use the excuse

'but mummy my dinner side of my belly is full'
'the ouddingside is rather empty though'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now