Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Compliment from ds

(14 Posts)
geranium Fri 29-Jul-05 19:03:16

My ds (2yrs 2months tomorrow) told me today that "Mummy is beautifully". I'm so touched. First ever spontaneous compliment (assuming it is a compliment!).

Any other nice examples from other Mners?

Yorkiegirl Fri 29-Jul-05 19:05:07

Message withdrawn

cadbury Fri 29-Jul-05 19:07:30

If I get dressed up to go out -we've had a few weddings and birthday doos lately, and I come downstairs to where the kids are waiting, ds looks at me and says "mummy pretty!"

He can do anything else he pleases for the rest of the day and I don't care after that!

trefusis Fri 29-Jul-05 19:09:12

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Fri 29-Jul-05 19:10:49

DS (15mo) laughs at me if I have a towel on my head after I've washed my hair...does that count?!

saadia Sat 30-Jul-05 15:26:15

Ds always looks impressed and tells me he likes my dress whenever I wear anything other than jeans.

toothyboy Sat 30-Jul-05 15:50:31

My 2 yr old compliments my cooking, chattering "mmmm delicious" all the way through! And holds food up to his nose saying "mmmm smells gooooood"! Have no idea where he's got that one from!

Dior Sat 30-Jul-05 16:05:21

Message withdrawn

spidermama Sat 30-Jul-05 16:31:12

I came downstairs this morning carrying the baby and my three year old said, smiling 'Look! A big, fat lady'.
What a great start to the day!

megandsoph Sat 30-Jul-05 17:28:29

not at compliment but it was a funny comment. Bathed dd last week and as i was getting her dried I told her to look at her wrinkly fingers.

she had a look and then turned to me and said "they look like your tummy mum" (refering to my post baby wrinkly belly)

tiredemma Sat 30-Jul-05 17:35:52

oh yes, in the shower this morning, ds1 was staring at me and said- " mommy, are you having another baby?"

me- " no, why do you ask?"

ds1 " because your belly is massive- are you sure its not a baby?"

me- "no its not"

ds1- "good, i dont want another brother or sister"

could be worse couldnt it???????

spidermama Sat 30-Jul-05 17:41:37

My dd, when she was about 2.5, smiled up at her godmother and said, 'You look like a pig'.

tassis Sat 30-Jul-05 18:31:00

Ds saw me in a bikini for the first time on holiday and said, "mamma get dressed"!!!

Miaou Sat 30-Jul-05 18:36:43

Hunker, when dd1 was just two, she used to laugh at me with a towel round my head too! Then she would say "hat off!". Still makes me

Dd2 is very vocal with her compliments, and will quite often gasp "wow, mummy, you look lovely in that!" - given my sense of style (not) and rather scruffy wardrobe I think it is quite amusing, but it is so heartfelt it is lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now