Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dd1 doesnt want to go to the hospital todayto see daddy....

(14 Posts)
misdee Wed 27-Jul-05 11:21:51

would you make her go? i cant really get a babysitter for the length of time i will be there so means i wont be able to go. she alsi gets really upset in the evenings after hospital visits. feel guilty for saying ok we wont go today, but also need to put her feelings 1st as well.

zubb Wed 27-Jul-05 11:34:19

is there somewhere at the hospital where she can play while you visit Peter? can she go to a friends house while you go?
sorry - not much use, but if she doesn't want to go then don't feel guilty about postponing this visit.

misdee Wed 27-Jul-05 14:27:59

the hospital is 45mins drive away, peters mum tends to do 3hour visits, which do take their toll onb the kids, if i get a lift there myself with the kids i will stay a maximum of 2hours. its just a very long day. the other week took over 2hours to get home as well due to an accident on the m25. its basically an all afternoon thing when we go.

zubb Wed 27-Jul-05 14:34:11

then I'd not go today if she is against it, and arrange it for another day. Does she tell you why she doesn't want to go?
Can you get a babysitter for later this week?

misdee Wed 27-Jul-05 14:36:16

am taking her tmorrow, might have something to do with the fact the fair on the green outside the hospital opens tomorrow

dd1 is off to scotland on sunday, so will definatly see hiom over the weekend, i'll be going in monday, then on weds i am booked into relatives accomadation onsite with the 2 younger ones.

zubb Wed 27-Jul-05 15:41:32

sounds like it will work out OK then - thanks to the fair
how long are you booked into the accommodation for?

misdee Wed 27-Jul-05 17:42:45

5 days.

BareFootAngel Wed 27-Jul-05 18:07:31

hun it is difficult for children,my parents were both in and out of hospital when i was little and some times you just want a normal life playing with friends etc ,its not because you dont love them or miss them but ,just want to be a child [[hugs to you by the way ]]

fqueenzebra Wed 27-Jul-05 18:53:19

i would not make her go, misdee. Keep offering & asking but don't make her go.

lulabelle Thu 28-Jul-05 10:33:19

Hi Misdee, I don't know what is wrong with your dh/dp but is it something that she doesn't like? I mean when my grandad was in hospital my ds would go as he was just in bed, it was a stroke ward but more like a recuperation ward, however, when a friend was in hospital she had a drip (pregnant with dehydration) and he wouldn't go as he didn't like the drip)?

Tissy Thu 28-Jul-05 10:53:03

misdee, could you take some photos of him looking as normal and Dad-like as possible? I remember i refused to go and see my dad in hospital once, because I was scred of what he might look like. The reality was nothing like I had imagined!

lulabelle Thu 28-Jul-05 11:18:39

I was always scared about hospitals when I was younger, perhaps it is the hospital itself that your dd doesn't like. I'm still not keen now (is anyone?) but I worry more about what I will see when I'm there, this may be what is worrying your dd too? The funny thing is, I never went when I was young and maybe it was because I didn't go and the fear of the unexpected? Maybe encourage her to go by saying that daddy would like to see her but if she didn't want to go today, he wouldn't mind? x

misdee Thu 28-Jul-05 21:10:54

lulubelle, my dh is on the transplant unit, and currently has a LVAD. dd1 haws been in many times to see her daddy, as have my other 2 children. she is very aware of things that happen and has drawn a picture of daddy with his machine. she went today and we spent too much at the fair. then we stopped by another lads room to say hello, (also a LVAD patient). i feel so sad that my kids lives atm saeem to be visiting the hospital. we arent going on saturday, and will only be missing tuesday next week.

a, expecting tears later tonight tho.

zubb Thu 28-Jul-05 23:20:39

glad you enjoyed the fair! Hope there weren't too many tears tonight, and that dd1 enjoys her trip to Scotland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now