Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

I'm SO tired - sympathy please!

(5 Posts)
tortoiseshell Mon 25-Jul-05 19:54:41

I'm just shattered, the children are currently leaping off the windowsill in their bedroom, (they're supposedly in bed) the house is a terrible mess, dh is clearing rubble in the garden, having been away all weekend, am just shattered at thought of getting children to sleep and house tidied.

Sympathy anyone?

toomanypushchairs Mon 25-Jul-05 19:58:46

i can sympathise with you. Fortunately my little ones are now asleep, but they've been in the jumping off the windowsill mood all day. Am tired, have loads of washing to do, have had no dinner yet and dh is up a tree in the garden! cutting it down(its taller than the house!) like it needs to be done now!

kid Mon 25-Jul-05 20:01:09

sympathy coming your way. I have sent my kids to bed once but they have somehow worked their way back into the living room. I'll give mine another 1/2 hour then its definately bedtime.

Don't worry about your housework, make a start on it in the morning.

Magscat Mon 25-Jul-05 20:02:28

Sympathy from here too. Baby DD has cold and not been feeding or sleeping well. 4 year old is still a 4 year old and has bags of energy and no idea how knackered me & his Dad are.
Hard work isn't it?

tortoiseshell Mon 25-Jul-05 20:23:43

Just went in to tell them to be quiet, said 'I'll count to 3 and by 3 you must be lying down - 1.." to which dd (nearly 2) pipes up "2 3 Mummy!". Can't help laughing, but nearly crying too! Am also nervous about tonight as is ds' first night in no pullup.....could be a long night!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: