Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much weight did you put on during pregnancy....

(59 Posts)
luckylady Fri 22-Jul-05 22:56:09

I am just interested to know...
If you have had subsequent pregnancies did you roughly put on the same amount of weight.

I have had 2 children and both times balloned and really struggled (still struggling) to lose the weight. My youngest is 13 months.

I am really considering number 3 but dint want to be huge again afterwards (size22+).. I wouldn't say that I ate any different during og than I do normally. I eat healthily etc..

Do you think our bodies are programmed so to say and will no matter what retain the weight , gain as soon as we find out pg etc... or do you think it is yourselve who controlls this...

Hope this makes sense..

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 22:57:28

i didnt gain during 1st 2 pregnancies, last time i gained 2lb, afterwwards with dd1 and dd3 i piled on the weight. with dd2 i lost 3stone, no idea how or why really.

swiperfox Fri 22-Jul-05 22:58:40

Hiya - I stared off at 10 stone and put on 4 stone when i was pregnant with dd. I really got depressed about it and only managed to lose a stone before having ds. When i was pregnant with ds i only really put that stone back on. DS is now 1 and i still look 6 months pregnant from the weight!

I hate it so much.

kid Fri 22-Jul-05 22:59:28

I put on lots with my first pregnancy (dd) about 4 stone in total I think , with my 2nd pregnancy (ds) I put on 2 1/2 stone. Still need to loose some of that weight now 3.3 years on but as its not the most important thing to me, I just can't seem to do it!

luckylady Fri 22-Jul-05 23:14:58

with my dd I put on 5 1/2 stones but was in hospital on steroids etc for 8 weeks.

Then with DS I put on about 3 stone.
I have a stone to go to get to pre pregnancy but really need to lose atlesst another 2 1/2 stones.
Hiya sf.

swiperfox Fri 22-Jul-05 23:16:20

Hello must find the june 04 thread!

How have you managed to lose the weight?

lovecloud Fri 22-Jul-05 23:19:46

2.5 stone and i did not diet after just breastfed and ate healthy and hearty and went back to me prepregnancy weight when dd was about 16 months.

i have to say before falling pregnant i was extremly fit, rode 45 minutes to and from work a few times and week, did yoga and had a very tones stomach...

now the onlyt exercise i manage is pushing the pram which i have to say is effective and o have not got one toned muscle in my body so my next pregnancy i will prob explode.

you should get as fit as you can now, and do plenty of stomach crunchies every day to tone up your tummy and train it to be flexible enough top stretch and shrink back.

luckylady Fri 22-Jul-05 23:37:39

SF- I think that thread had gone, surely the june 04 thread must win a prize for the owrst posters... the new june05 thread have posted more in a month than what we have posted in over a year!!

milward Fri 22-Jul-05 23:58:48

ll - have put on loads whilst preg - dd1 20 kilos, dd2 12 kilos and with dd3 again 20 kilos. Preg with ds4 & have already put on 20 kilos - & still counting as have 9 wks to go... Ate more in the beginning but was hungry. Don't eat more than normal now. Have always lost the weight through bf. Last time I was just 2 kilos above my start weight at the 6 wk check-up. Just think that whilst preg I'm huge & that's how it's meant to be.

MrsATeam Sat 23-Jul-05 00:04:36

Hi there luckylady.....I put on weight with all four of my pregnancies and had some probs gettign it off each time.....I totally envy the stars who when carrying a baby look very plump and unglamerous but when they have had the baby look straight away very toned and thin....what is going on with this....after my 3rd child it took me six months to get toned up with an exercise programme and then no sooner had I got toned up and lost some weight I was pregnant with my fourth!!! Now back to square one and have to start all over!!!!

kama Sat 23-Jul-05 00:09:09

Message withdrawn

milward Sat 23-Jul-05 00:12:31

Kama - might have worked for you - but for some reason I'm huge when preg.Usually around 58 kilos - & am now 79 kilos at 31 wks. I run after 3 kids everyday & have a good fitness level. I also eat healthy. For me I just need the extra weight somehow. I do feel better for it.

railway Sat 23-Jul-05 00:14:56

I lost one and a half stone

milward Sat 23-Jul-05 00:15:37

I felt like I lost that when giving birth!!

MrsATeam Sat 23-Jul-05 00:15:50

hey railway - was this during or after?

MrsATeam Sat 23-Jul-05 00:16:47

LOL milward so did I....more like 2 stone!!!!!

MrsGordonRamsay Sat 23-Jul-05 00:18:04

During........

Put it all back on in last month and then dropped it all again a week later..

I am not twiggy, I just couldn't face food, and I also cut out all alcohol. Weight dropped off.

MrsGordonRamsay Sat 23-Jul-05 00:19:09

Oooooooooooops

Cover blown....

But, it served its purpose earlier.

kama Sat 23-Jul-05 00:28:44

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Sat 23-Jul-05 00:30:15

Put on 2.5 stone with jess, weighed myself day after she was born and had lost 1.5 stone! (she was only 6lb6oz!)

This time i have already put on 2.5 stone and im only 27 weeks.

Never lost the final stone between having jess and falling with this one, but then jess will only be 1 on sunday!

MrsATeam Sat 23-Jul-05 00:46:08

MrsGordonRamsay are you railway as well??? or am I reading your posts totally wrong....if so sorry

HappyDaddy Sat 23-Jul-05 00:47:41

I didn't put on any weight during my dw's pregnancy...

MrsGordonRamsay Sat 23-Jul-05 00:50:00

Yes,....... I was railway earlier for a post re talking to the police, about someone you are concerned about.

MrsATeam Sat 23-Jul-05 00:55:13

MrsGordonRamsay......tell all???????

MrsATeam Sat 23-Jul-05 00:56:06

Sorry if you can.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now