loader

Talk

Advanced search

Taking baby in taxi

(8 Posts)
Feffi Fri 22-Jul-05 13:47:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Toothache Fri 22-Jul-05 13:48:29

Feffi - You can wheel a pushchair straight into a black cab.

Meid Fri 22-Jul-05 13:50:38

Ditto what Toothache said, plus some black cabs have a baby seat that can be pulled down. I'm not entire sure what age that can be used from.

Ladymuck Fri 22-Jul-05 13:50:48

Legally you can take him in a pushchair but I would probably use the restraints in place for wheelchairs if possible. I would also have the pushchair facing back in the same way as wheelchairs do in cabs. But it is safest to use a carseat. London taxidrivers often have a tendancy to drive agressively and brake very suddenly.

Feffi Fri 22-Jul-05 13:54:47

Em32 Fri 22-Jul-05 19:09:44

Feffi I find black cab drivers calm down a bit if they know you've got a small baby with you 'precious cargo love' and all that. Most of them have their own kids after all... No, you don't need a carseat.

Feffi Fri 22-Jul-05 22:06:53

vicdubya Fri 22-Jul-05 22:47:31

Yes Feffi, that's right, I recently posted the same question and took ds in his pushchair in a black cab no probs.

I did have to hold onto it to stop it moving about too much but he was asleep before we got in & didn't wake up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now