Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

anyone have any suggestions for the console with the most younger aged games??????

(9 Posts)
trinityrocks Fri 22-Jul-05 11:42:00

I don't want to start a discussion about whether a 5 yr old should have a console, I just want anyone that knows to tell me which console is the best for younger aged games. Which one has more or better younger games or anyone had any experience with which controller kids can work out easier

Thanks

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 11:46:31

Message withdrawn

octavia Fri 22-Jul-05 21:18:51

My 5 year old son uses a play station 2 .At first he found it a bit difficult to control but has just got the hang of it. He plays various games on it , Shrek, shark tale and scrabble are his favourites. Its actually done wonders for his hand/eye co-ordination and although his playtime is limited on it, he concentratation has improved no end. The controller he uses just came with the console, I didn't buy a special one. I think most of the shops that sell just console/games ( our local one is called GAME ) have most of the consoles working so that you can try them out.

charliecat Fri 22-Jul-05 21:20:52

we have a PS2, PS1 games work on it too, you can rent the games from library/blockbuster, also has a gadget called an eyetoy with it that senses movement and is fab for the kids.

PeachyClair Fri 22-Jul-05 21:39:34

My DS1 is better with a joystick than a keyboard by far, he likes a GBA (Game Boy Advance)because it is smaller and he can curl up with it in the playroom where there's no TV.

DS says playstation. He spends enough time on the things to know!!

Nemo1977 Fri 22-Jul-05 21:44:23

do you want a proper console or something like the v tech smile cos think thats aimed for age 4-8?

serenity Fri 22-Jul-05 21:48:34

Gamecube has the best kids games on it, but PS2 has the eyetoy - wonderful gadget where they control the games by jumping up and down in front of the screen, singstar - excellent home kareoke type thing, and dancemats.

Actually gamecube has the donkey konga - a set of bongo drums that you plug in and you have to do things in sequence on them, DS1 loves it (he's 7)

DS2 is 5 and can manage all the controllers with no problems and he's been playing with consoles for ages. All things in moderation I say!

MrsWood Sun 24-Jul-05 21:18:57

Playstation 1 is extremely cheap now and there are hundreds of kiddies games available - again, all very cheap. It's also very easy to use and should it break or damage, replacement or repair will only set you back few quid. Best to start him off like that and then you can always upgrade to a better console once he knows how to care for it properly. Whatever console you chose controllers are pretty much the same although with an Xbox you can also buy kiddies controller which is the same but half the size of usual one.

okapi Sun 24-Jul-05 21:27:33

ds2 is 3 and is fine on the PS2

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: