Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I feel that DH is the "good guy" in kids eyes and I'm the "baddie"

(12 Posts)
sandyballs Wed 20-Jul-05 15:17:23

It always seems to me that disciplines them, stops them eating too many sweets and other crap, tells them when to go to bed, brings them in from the garden for a bath etc etc. I am sure to them it seems like I'm just being mean and Daddy is the fun one who lets them get away with things. Anyone else feel like this?

batters Wed 20-Jul-05 15:30:41

You need to talk to your dh and provide a united front, sandyballs. Much easier said than done, but it will a real difference.

monkeytrousers Wed 20-Jul-05 15:48:02

Yeah, take turns to do the bad stuff. You've got a few on him though, so he can maybe do it all for a day or two!

hatstand Wed 20-Jul-05 20:24:51

there is an upside to this - he'll be the one they constantly hassle for stuff and attention. DH is ok food/treat wise and discipline but he pays them a lot of attention - and he constantly goes back on his word: "one more time" he says when they demand to be thrown in the air again. he then proceeds to do it about 5 times and then wonders why they constantly hassle him. he gets no peace ALL weekend.

Dior Wed 20-Jul-05 20:26:14

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Wed 20-Jul-05 20:28:27

Oh, the thing that gets me, is when DH stops DS1 from doing something, by saying "Mum doesn't like it when you do that". Like, er, we both don't like it. Don't make me into the flippin' police!

BarefootMama Wed 20-Jul-05 20:42:56

Sandyballs its exactly the same in our house- despite trying to talk to dh on mmany occasions. he is friend I am foe ! They dont seem to hate me for it though - and some of them are big now. Dh would never discipline them and would let them eat junk etc and stay up late! Its a hard life being Mama!

Dior Wed 20-Jul-05 20:43:47

Message withdrawn

charliecat Wed 20-Jul-05 20:44:23

I dont mind, the kids at least listen to me and know the score whereas they take the utter piss out of dp as he does change his mind and holler empty threats.

hatstand Wed 20-Jul-05 23:08:42

dh's favourite empty threats: we won't take you out on nice days like this again; I will stop playing games like this with you; I won't come home before bedtime; and he wonders why they don't give a flying wot-knot

tiffini Wed 20-Jul-05 23:15:19

Children need rules and discipline in order to feel secure, it may not seem like it but they respect you for your rules.

But both parents need to work by the same set of rules, if you figure out how to get your DH to agree on rules, let me know, because mine is no better.

tiffini Wed 20-Jul-05 23:18:03

Sorry, did'nt realise I used the word 'rules' so many times in my last post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now