Advanced search

how old before

(12 Posts)
trinityrocks Mon 18-Jul-05 23:42:27

they should use a highchair????

kama Mon 18-Jul-05 23:43:07

Message withdrawn

spidermama Mon 18-Jul-05 23:43:58

When they can sit up by themselves usually. Depends on the high chair though. You can wedge them in with cushions a bit earlier if you like.
My 5 month old has just started going in his. Not to eat, but to play with things on the table.

trefusis Mon 18-Jul-05 23:52:00

Message withdrawn

Flum Mon 18-Jul-05 23:54:09

High chair. reckon umm well 7 or 8 months. remember starting weaning at 6 months an dd was in buggy or bumbo thingy. but still lolling aroung a bit

hana Mon 18-Jul-05 23:55:30

does depend on the highchair like spidermama said - for example the tripptrapp is v simple and doesn't have any recline options, so they need to be completely supporting themselves as opposed to a fancy one where they are quite cozy

dd2 is 6.5 months and not sitting up yet - I feed her in her bumbo on the table or in my lap. our highchair is a tt, so maybe in a month or two maybe?
good luck! how old is your baby?

trinityrocks Tue 19-Jul-05 00:04:44

shes 4 months but pulling her head and shoulders off her bouncy chair and bouncing in a door bouncer totally supporting her head and shoulders.
she is also rolling all the way over and reaching out and grabbing things all the time, I thought that if I got a Chicco one then with all the rclining options and the height options of the tray that she could just play in it )

kgc Tue 19-Jul-05 00:28:48

when they can sit up properly

monkeytrousers Tue 19-Jul-05 09:53:57

1st stage car seat or bouncy chair is a good intermediary. It can be quite tiring for them if they're a bit young. Monkeychops went in his around 6 months.

CarolinaMoon Tue 19-Jul-05 09:59:10

depends how much you want to spend. Reclining options cost, and you won't need them once she can sit up (i.e. maybe a month or so if she is already trying to lean forward).

monkeytrousers Tue 19-Jul-05 10:05:33

Ikea do a great one for about 15 quid. Not too big either which was a problem for us at the beginning.

alittlebitshy Tue 19-Jul-05 10:29:35

the chicco one is GREAT for younger babies... we used it from when dd was 5 months cos she was too big for her bouncy chair.

HOWEVER... is it a bu$$£r to clean. at 26 months we have just changed to a booster seat, and for the last 18 months or so i have been constantly wishing i had got a different, simpler chair as there are millions of crevices in the chicco one where food hides, no matter how dilegently you clean it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now