Talk

Advanced search

Help me survive the summer holidays

(5 Posts)
peaceandlight Wed 13-Jul-05 14:38:44

How do i entertain 9 year old ( going on 99) and 6 year old boys,
last year was a disaster!

kgc Wed 13-Jul-05 20:56:10

Hi peaceandlight this is a hard one as a I am struggling to entertain my 6 year old DD and she is climbing the walls at the moment and is completely bored....most of her friends are on holiday and therefore no one to play with and I have 3 other kids under five one being only six weeks...so its hard to go out and do nice things and my DH works long hours.....you could try the library for information on local days out and things to do they are a great source of information for the youngsters........good luck

Tortington Wed 13-Jul-05 21:43:28

roll of wallpaper and paints in the back garden.

tell them how you couldn't do without their help in the garden and dig up things ( if you have a garden)

get some old clothes and cut them up and make clothes for teddy.

paint the shed

cooking or making stuff with food -ooh i tell you whats good - cheese and pickle and hotdogsausage hedgehog - cut a cabbage in half cover with foil and stick in the cocktail sticks - any kids can do that - and its even better if there is a purpose - you could have a tea party one day a week and invite either nanna over or for your partner for tea

do one thing each day - something you can leave them to do.

peaceandlight Thu 14-Jul-05 11:09:15

The cutting up old clothes sounds a good idea, i think they would like that, thanx

Kgc, i take my hat off to you, i really do!

kgc Thu 14-Jul-05 13:57:54

thanks peaceandlight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now