Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

8 yr old with bleached hair!!!

(4 Posts)
CiaoLeonardoCiaoOliviya Tue 12-Jul-05 20:03:18

I was talking to a mum today who was with her 8 yr old daughter on the bus. Her daughter had bleached blonde hair at the tender age of 8! It really saddened me that a mum would allow this and even the mum said she did it for her daughter because she wanted her to look nice for her brothers wedding. We got on the conversation of piercings and tattoo's and she said she would also make her daughter have her bellybutton and tongue pierced if someone would do it, because she was 'fat' and needed some self confident. She was a big girl, but definately doesn't need to be made to look like a WOMAN while she's still a child!

CiaoLeonardoCiaoOliviya Tue 12-Jul-05 20:03:49

All sorts seem to get on these bus journey's of mine, don't they!

NomDePlume Tue 12-Jul-05 20:04:50

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kgc Tue 12-Jul-05 23:23:17

This is weird I would never even think about bleaching any of my daughters hair just so that it looks nice for a wedding or special event or ever......and neither would I have any of my children peirced or tattooed and hope to god that no sane parent would ever in a million years do this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now