Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

things to do with ds (11wks)

(6 Posts)
leosmummy Fri 08-Jul-05 16:58:06

spending too much time shopping... any ideas for things to do with ds. doing swimming once a week, mother baby group ok but every1 else's babies r 10mths and up. nearing end of baby massage course. live in essex, thurrock area.

aloha Fri 08-Jul-05 17:03:26

sing to him, show him books, tickle his toes and hands, bounce him on your lap, take him for walk in park, lie him on baby gym and have a nice cup of tea and read OK
You don't bother doing anything other than the above with child no2, I think. Or is that just me?
I really like loafing.

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 17:07:36

have a look and see if your local nct run a bumps and babes group

i go to one near here and it's just for pg women and peiople with non-mobile babies. i find most of the other groups are mainly toddlers and didn't like being the only one with a little baby!

btw... all aloha's suggestions are fab too... specially the cup of tea one!

aloha Fri 08-Jul-05 17:09:57

I think the social stuff is really imp with no1 actually - so yes nct tea groups are FAB. Call your local branch to find one.

leosmummy Fri 08-Jul-05 18:31:05

went on nct website. need to call monday but by the looks of it there are groups in my area. thanks

jenweber630 Sun 10-Jul-05 00:12:19

We're really enjoying monkey music (www.monkeymusic.co.uk) and Gymboree (http://www.gymboreeplayuk.com/CATlocations.htm) - for both 7 month old ds's social interaction as well as for my sanity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: