Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

DS hits his big sister constantly!!!

(5 Posts)
lynnej Thu 07-Jul-05 10:09:26

I am at my wits end with my ds, if he doesn't have dd's full attention he hits her or throws something at her. Shouting doesn't work, the step doesn't work either!! Any ideas????

Sugarmag Thu 07-Jul-05 19:03:59

Have you tried giving dd loads of cuddles and attention every time ds hits her and ignoring him? Maybe even take her into another room with you and leave him behind. If it's an attention seeking thing he might realise hitting isn't the way to get it.

Tortington Thu 07-Jul-05 19:20:29

how old are the kids?

lynnej Thu 07-Jul-05 20:31:57

ds is 3 and dd is 5, he seems to do it when he wants her attention and she won't give it to him. I know he adores her really because he follows her around and copies everything she does, I think she finds him very irritating and this just winds him up and thats why he hits her.

Yes I think I will him ignore him totally in future and leave him to think about it as shouting doesn't work and I hate shouting at the kids all the time.

Tortington Fri 08-Jul-05 22:50:17

hows it going lynnej?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now