Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Four years old and sooooooo emotional

(4 Posts)
dejags Wed 06-Jul-05 20:34:26

Is it normal for four year old boy to be a complete drama queen.

He says things like - "my heart is sooooooooo sore, because you shouted at me mummy" (this was after I shouted at him because he cut me off while I was on an important telephone call). He cries at the drop of a hat and is always recalling things from yonks ago which upset him. Conversely, when with his peers he is very confident and always the centre of attention. I find this behaviour much worse in school holidays.

He announced this morning that he was "devastated" and lonely and that he misses his granny who passed away when he was 2, I felt awful for the little guy, but I have to admit I was very surprised he remembers her. Is this normal?

Dior Wed 06-Jul-05 20:39:02

Message withdrawn

Magscat Wed 06-Jul-05 20:40:52

Not sure it's quite the same thing but my ds (4 at the weekend) has a knack of exaggerating to get attention or if he feels hard done by. e.g. Today he was messing about and nearly landed on his baby sister so I put my hand out so he bumped into me not her. DS protested loudly by saying 'You pushed me, you shouldn't push people' while sticking his bottom lip out & flouncing off!

He does this quite a bit. It's all about attention seeking IMO and ignoring it works best for us.

llamaduck Wed 06-Jul-05 21:42:36

yes dejags - perfectly normal.. and it gets even more elequent as they get older!! I get 'that hurt my feelings'.. what asking you to clear up your bedroom??? bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now