Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dh and Ds 7 always fighting after being pals for years...

(10 Posts)
ssd Sat 02-Jul-05 07:52:18

Well not fisticuffs obviously but always arguing. I'm sick of being in the middle and trying to keep the peace. I've got the kids all day and try not to constantly moan or tell them off, then dh comes home at tea time and starts telling ds1 off and he's only been in the house a bloody hour! I've told them both to be nicer to each other and I've told dh he's the adult and to get a grip.

Anyone else got experience of this?

mandyc66 Sat 02-Jul-05 08:07:06

Men dont seem to cope with the constant tickle tackle that goes on do they?
I always ask dh to be more friendly towards them as I think I nag a bit!!!!

ssd Sat 02-Jul-05 09:08:46

Dh just seems to get wound up really easily these days

assumedname Sat 02-Jul-05 10:05:30

ssd - can you identify what sets off your dh? and then talk over some strategies for him to use with ds?

ssd Sat 02-Jul-05 17:39:37

he just blows up when ds1 is cheeky. I know a 7 year old shouldn't be cheeky but I've not met one yet. I just don't think getting mad at him is the right approach.

assumedname Sat 02-Jul-05 17:41:05

I like cheeky kids - I think it shows spirit. I mean, how cheeky is ds?

mandyc66 Sat 02-Jul-05 18:34:10

I like spirited children too!! Hate kids that just sit in a corner and say yes!!!! are 7 year olds ever Not cheeky?!!!! and 8 year ols and 9 year olds and 10............

ssd Sun 03-Jul-05 09:51:40

Well, great improvement. Had a good chat with dh, who had a chat with ds1 and ds2. They are all getting on much better and I feel really happy dh tckled it this way, he is such a great dad. Of course the boys esp ds1 will still be cheeky, but I'm sure dh will handle it without blowing up!

thanks to all who replied!

ssd Sun 03-Jul-05 09:52:25

"tackled"

assumedname Tue 05-Jul-05 10:24:00

Good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now