Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My first child-free weekend, so WHY AM I SITTING HERE BLUBBING??!?!

(18 Posts)
morningpaper Fri 01-Jul-05 19:04:26

DH has taken dd (2.5) away to his mother's for the weekend so I can have a quiet weekend with a friend who is turning up SHORTLY.

They have just left and I am COMPLETELY IN BITS.

katierocket Fri 01-Jul-05 19:04:40

have a large wine

fishfinger Fri 01-Jul-05 19:04:57

y ou are a wuss <P
go and get the naked man to clean
teell us your plans

fishfinger Fri 01-Jul-05 19:05:07

lets get her Kr

katierocket Fri 01-Jul-05 19:05:51

I'd be dancing around and drinking the minute they were gone!

you'll be fine in a few mins

morningpaper Fri 01-Jul-05 19:07:03

Am 6 months pregnant but will knock back my 2 units tonight AT LEAST

My old chum is coming over (a lovely chap) from London and we will eat some nice food and watch Big Brother, go to Exeter tomorrow and have a nice lunch in a posh hotel, just chill out and eat loads I think.

GOD I MISS HER ALREADY

Must pull self together, look TERRIBLE, he will think I have totally gone to pot.

katierocket Fri 01-Jul-05 19:07:48

oops sorry MP forgot you were preggers. Ah well, choc cake?

lucy5 Fri 01-Jul-05 19:13:33

It's terible, when they are little you crave for time on your own and then when you get it you miss them. DD is now 4 I dont feel so bad now but I still miss her if she stays at her grans.

fishfinger Fri 01-Jul-05 19:57:09

are oyu ok now

wil bat you if not

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 01-Jul-05 19:58:01

MP - enjoy it, does your SH want to borrow jess?!

dot1 Fri 01-Jul-05 21:55:47

Morningpaper - I'm just the same!! About once every 2 - 3 months we farm our ds's (3 + 1) out to the grandparents - I spend weeks looking forward to it and then am in BITS when they go - sobbing and miserable for hours..! I drive dp up the wall and it's completely ridiculous but I can't help it... I love the lie in we get and it's only one night, but I miss miss miss them!

lunavix Fri 01-Jul-05 22:00:20

I'm really sorry don't think I'm a troll please but your dh will LET another bloke come over and spend the weekend with you on the couch watching telly and going to hotels????? Bloody hell!!!!!

dot1 Fri 01-Jul-05 22:03:13

I think it's lovely! He might be gay?!! I'd let dp spend a weekend with another woman (or man !) - in fact we're very good friends with her ex-girlfriend who's been away on her own for a weekend and I suggested dp might like to go with her another time.

This could be because we're both too knackered to think about anything other than SLEEP when we're away from the kids!!!

expatinscotland Fri 01-Jul-05 22:07:42

Why are you still sober?? I'd be too spannered to cry if I had a childfree weekend - out w/my gal pals in some pub, quaffing a bevvy. Bliss!

katierocket Fri 01-Jul-05 22:31:15

she's pregnant expat!

expatinscotland Fri 01-Jul-05 22:36:25

Oh. Me, too. Sorry. It's a great night for Pimm's.

Enid Fri 01-Jul-05 22:41:10

'spannered'

morningpaper Fri 01-Jul-05 22:59:18

hehe yes I'm feeling okay now thanks!

He IS gay!

Just had a lovely evening watching Big Brother and DVDs! Going to enjoy my weekend now! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now