Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Inside in this weather?

(11 Posts)
SoftFroggie Thu 23-Jun-05 20:36:25

Am I ridiculous to keep my boys (6 months, 2.5yrs) inside in this weather?
We play outside approximately before 11am, and after 4pm, with sunscreen, and baby always in the shade, but I took them to soft play this afternoon to keep out of the sun.

But on a lovely day like this?
Am I sane or mad?
Somehow, I can't beiieve I'm doing this!

biglips Thu 23-Jun-05 20:38:16

nope youre sensible as i kept my 8.5 months old baba in nearly all day but went out @ 1pm till 4pm (she was looking like a green munster as i put on green suncream all over her!) but weather went hotter @ 4pm so i came in just in time

lucy5 Thu 23-Jun-05 20:39:33

Thats what the spanish do, when I first came to Spain I carried on Mad dogs and Englishmen style but found I just couldnt do it. I dont think you are mad in the slightest, you could always get the paddling pool out for a bit or put the sprinklers on if you are getting stir crazy.

vicdubya Thu 23-Jun-05 20:49:40

Nope, today was just too hot.

Anything up to about 25-26 I think it's OK but today was well over that.

My LO won;t wear a hat and even plastered in factor 40 they can still get heatstroke & feel lousy later on if they have too much sun.

Mine went out for 10 mins while we looked round my friends garden but other than that we were in all day. Such a shame but I would have been too hot outside as well!

milward Thu 23-Jun-05 21:04:11

I do this in the school hols - early morning until 12.00'ish & then after 3.30. Today was too hot outside & cooler inside.

Caligula Thu 23-Jun-05 21:21:09

We were out but in the garden with the paddling pool and mostly in the shade

hoxtonchick Thu 23-Jun-05 21:28:23

we have been inside all day. but ds has chicken pox & is feeling extremely sorry for himself. i think we might eat supper in the garden to make up for it....

stitch Thu 23-Jun-05 21:39:31

you are most definitly saane,
taking babies out in this heat is the insane thing to do.

SoftFroggie Thu 23-Jun-05 21:46:16

Our garden is almost all shade and water, so keeps fairly coolish in the early morning and late afternoon.

Just can hear my mother from when we were kids saying something about being indoors on a lovely day like this and throwing us all out.

Glad it's not just me skulking inside.

GeorginaA Thu 23-Jun-05 21:57:38

You're not insane. There is NO shade in our garden at all until about 3pm in the afternoon and then it covers the patio area nicely. Kids play out until about 10.30/11ish then inside (tbh, only about an hour of play inside then lunch/big nap for the littlie anyway, so no great loss), then 3/3.30ish outside again if the kids want to.

I remember HATING my mother kicking me outside when I was involved in inside play, so I don't force the issue They both get plenty of fresh air with windows open and morning activities (nursery for ds1, out and about with ds2), I can't be arsed to worry about it!

jessicasmummy Thu 23-Jun-05 21:57:45

me and jess have been indoors too - i did slap sun cream on her to put her in her swing for a little while this afternoon but we got out there and she obviously decided it was too hot and cried! She never cries in the swing!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now