Talk

Advanced search

OK, so it doesnt get easier ...

(11 Posts)
madmarchhare Sun 19-Jun-05 10:37:03

as they get older. I had this craaazy notion when I first had ds that things would get easier when, he could move around, he could walk, he could feed himself...etc. Oh I feel such a silly cow now!! So as I am just beginning to realise (18 months down the line) that each age/stage comes with its own little nightmare. Please could you wise mums out there enilighten me to the joys I have to behold [sarcastic emotion] at 2,3,4,5 and so on.

mysterygirl Sun 19-Jun-05 10:39:02

just learn to enjoy each stage more! With every year comes a new set of challenges/joy so dont wish your life away - just enjoy!

beetroot Sun 19-Jun-05 10:39:10

Message withdrawn

madmarchhare Sun 19-Jun-05 10:40:59

Oh, dont get me wrong, I do! We have loads of fun, I was just wondering what I will be smiling to myself about all the different stages when he is older, smug parent stylee.

Gobbledigook Sun 19-Jun-05 10:41:06

Oh, I'm so looking forward to what Beety describes! Mine are 4, 2.5 and 9 months - they are all fabulous and all make me smile but it's such hard work and I'm sure that once they are all toilet trained and can all go to a restaurant and sit and eat themselves it will be so much easier.

Please don't tell me I'm wrong!!

beetroot Sun 19-Jun-05 10:42:59

Message withdrawn

madmarchhare Sun 19-Jun-05 10:43:08

Thats just what I mean GG, is it?!

madmarchhare Sun 19-Jun-05 10:45:19

Beetroot, thats what I hoped!, I am really looking forward to the conversations at different ages. Have so much fun with my friends kids, they are hilarious.

trefusis Sun 19-Jun-05 10:56:09

Message withdrawn

edam Sun 19-Jun-05 11:03:06

I'm just ahead of you as ds is nearly 2. And second both points of view - each stage is more gorgeous than the last but also brings HUGE new challenges. Good points of nearly two are: has started singing nursery rhymes (so cute); can say long words (very funny - tried him with antidisestablishmentarianism today and he made a good stab at it); charming; funny; there's loads of new, fun stuff you can do like kicking a ball around, letting him go on climbing frames at the park, jumping to music - oh, I could go on!
Won't say too much about bad points as don't want to depress you but tantrums are something else - an hour long the other night because we ONLY spend about five minutes watching next door's cat before coming in the house.

mandyc66 Sun 19-Jun-05 11:08:20

Enjoy the little ones..as a second time arounder I am enjoying it so much. They are so much easier than the biggies!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now