Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wooden thomas - are they compatible with other wooden train tracks?

(6 Posts)
katechristie Tue 10-Nov-09 15:02:23

We're thinking of getting DS a wooden toy train set and it says compatible with most other wooden train sets. Does anybody happen to know if the Thomas trains would work on this one? DS loves playing with them in ELC, but they're too expensive for us to get the complete set, so we thought we could get a complete train set and just add a few of his favourite Thomas characters to go with it.

(sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, wasn't sure where else to ask it).

Blackduck Tue 10-Nov-09 15:12:08

Yes, also Ikea wooden track, brio and pretty much anyone else you can think of....

JustAsWelliLikeLego Tue 10-Nov-09 15:16:37

In my experience, all the wooden ones tend to fit but haven't tried the bumpto3 one. I have brio and thomas ones and have used ikea too.
I am certain I have seen some thomas ones reduced somewhere recently - sorry not much help, I'll post if I come across it again - definitely instore at TK Maxx last week but may vary by branch/city.

katechristie Tue 10-Nov-09 15:36:16

oh brill, thanks both. also saw one much cheaper at tesco, but DH likes this one...am wondering who'll get the most use out of it...

BornToFolk Tue 10-Nov-09 15:40:49

We've got the John Lewis set with Thomas trains so I know fit.

Just bought a couple of really nice looking wooden trains for £3 each from Tesco for DS's stocking.

I definitely get most use out of DS's train set. I love it!

katechristie Tue 10-Nov-09 16:53:34

thanks. we're so glad he's so into the trains now, as our house was starting to turn into plastic city!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now