Talk

Advanced search

weekend dbd syndrome

(24 Posts)
albosmum Sat 18-Jun-05 15:32:23

does anyone else suffer from dbd syndrome - dressed by dad
my poor child was looking rather stunning in blue and red checked dungarees with a green and orange striped t-shirt

elsmommy Sat 18-Jun-05 15:35:13

PMSL

Nightynight Sat 18-Jun-05 15:35:43

yes - remember it well, also my feeling of amazement that he didnt automatically pick the "right" clothes (as I always did of course!)

When they get older it develops into dress themselves syndrome - they only do when its dad's turn!

jessicasmummy Sat 18-Jun-05 15:35:52

at least they try!

DH now ASKS me what to dress Jess in because he knows ill flip if it isnt co-ordinating or appropriate for the weather!

albosmum Sat 18-Jun-05 15:57:11

dh got upset and hurt when i suggested thier might be a problem

hunkermunker Sat 18-Jun-05 15:58:16

LOL!

DS was once dbd in a long-sleeved cotton vest with a short-sleeved terry vest over the top.

Looked peculiar to say the least!

toothyboy Sat 18-Jun-05 16:12:34

Frequently come home from work on the day dp looks after ds at home to find ds still in pjs - and they've gone out like that!!!

trefusis Sat 18-Jun-05 18:01:55

Message withdrawn

Surfermum Sat 18-Jun-05 18:19:31

This is very funny. I'm impressed that he knows where the clothes are kept, mine wouldn't (learnt helplessness I think), although he does do a very good job of bunches.

debs26 Sat 18-Jun-05 18:29:23

haha yes, i now choose the clothes for dp, but it didnt stop him putting ds3s dungarees on back to front!

my mum also loves the story of going to a wedding when i was about 4 - my dad dressed me and she dressed my little bro. we were running late and about half way there i suddenly announced i had no knickers on - my dad had forgotten them. she said it was the only time i ever got expensive m&s knickers (it was the nearest shop to the registry office)

jackeroo Sat 18-Jun-05 19:30:15

lol - that's hilarious. i know what you mean although DH isn't too bad taste wise he's not great at dressing for the weather (we're in london and it's at least 30C today - DH was about to put DS in a long sleeved one piece sleep suit under his clothes)

binkie Sat 18-Jun-05 19:34:53

there's a great dbd bit in the Allison Pearson book where the baby (boy) is looking a bit uncomfy in some apricot-coloured dungarees and the mother realises dad's dressed him in the older child (girl)'s dolly's clothes

nell12 Sat 18-Jun-05 20:05:51

My dh put dd in red trousers and bright pink tights... that was after I had to teach him which way round the tights went...
Not forgetting those frilly nappy pants "no dear, the frills do not go at the front" (you would have thought the labels would be a clue...)
Glad to hear DBD is universal!

colditz Sat 18-Jun-05 20:08:13

The amount of times my dp has turned up with ds to meet me from work, and my first words have been "For God's sake, get him out of that coat, and the jumper, and the long sleeved t shirt! It's 28 degrees!"

eidsvold Sun 19-Jun-05 11:00:10

no problem here - dh does a fab job of dressing the dds... he does have a bit of a struggle doing dd1's hair - but some days so do I as she is such a wriggler.

coppertop Sun 19-Jun-05 11:53:43

Dh has a habit of dressing ds1 and ds2 in each other's pyjamas. Ds1 is a tall 5yr-old and looks like Lou wotsisname from the Incredible Hulk wearing 2yr-old ds2's pyjama bottoms. Ds2 looks completely lost in ds1's pyjama tops. Dh's response? "I didn't realise...."

Alannah Sun 19-Jun-05 12:30:15

I caught my DP taking my dd out in a pinafore buttoned back to front and worn over a pyjama top. When I pointed it out he said,"Yes but women will look at her and feel sorry for me because she looks like she doesn't have a mum". Charming!

footprint Sun 19-Jun-05 13:40:53

Jealous - dh has NEVER dressed dd (13 months)

Titania Sun 19-Jun-05 13:48:35

my dh is even incapable of putting matching top and bottoms on when it comes to PJs! lol

oops Sun 19-Jun-05 13:57:41

Message withdrawn

albosmum Sun 19-Jun-05 20:17:37

as well as dh dressing ds badly he went out with me today in white socks, black trainers, shorts and mirrored sunglasses. I dressed ds so he was the only one suffering dbd today.

nooka Sun 19-Jun-05 20:43:39

My dh is colour blind, and sometimes goes for odd combinations. ds couldn't care less what he wears, and often puts on his clothes back to front. dd always wants to wear pink dresses. However, their nursery has remarked to me on how nicely they are always dressed! I do usually buy their clothes, but rarely dress them now that dh is a SAHD. He's also now better at doing dd's hair than I am. Practice makes perfect!

kazoo Sun 19-Jun-05 21:05:39

Last time dp dressed ds (18 months)he put him in his sisters size 3-6 month vest. I noticed ds was walking around as if he had something stuck between his legs and when I checked the vest was practically cutting the circulation off to his legs. When I showed dp he simply said know I now why it was so difficult to get on.

moondog Sun 19-Jun-05 21:08:39

This is hilarious!!!
I fly into a rage if dh asks me what the children should wear!Makes me feel such a drudge!
My friend's dh dressed their baby in a big fleecy all-in-one yesterday (it was only 30C!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now