Talk

Advanced search

being a SAHM getting me down now...

(3 Posts)
ComfortEater Mon 09-Nov-09 19:23:00

I love my children more than anything(3 & 1)but am finding staying at home with them very tiring, repetitive and to be honest dull.

Lots to do for under 5's in our area but I am finding it all very tedious and all a bit of an effort nowadays.

I find myself comfort eating crap and getting a bit down.

I am looking to get back into work in January when my 3 year old increases his nursery (he currently goes 2 days a week) and 1 yr old is in nursery 2 days a week, but I am just too exhausted to think about doing what and how I'll juggle it all...

I guess this is a general moan although I feel guilty that I am feeling this way as I am very thankful for the life I have.

Am I alone? Is this normal?

nearlychrimbo Mon 09-Nov-09 19:28:46

I know how you feel. I got a little part time job when ds was 2 years - just one day a week, lucky enough for hubby to have DS on that day. It saved me and kept me sane.

I now work 2 days a week and again really enjoy the release and he extra money each month.

Can you do the same? Or if you can use nursery, child care join a gym or go swimming, book a beauty treatment each week and have that time for you???

robino Mon 09-Nov-09 19:41:48

Could have written the self same thing this week. So no, you're not alone. And I think it's normal, or at least I hope it's not abnormal grin

Have had no childcare whatsoever since we moved when DD2 was 5 weeks old (she's now 16 months, DD1 2.9). Am supposed to be doing a distance course but getting nowhere very slowly as OH works long hours and commutes a long way too so I tend to do everything from wake up to bedtime 5 days a week and then just do not have the energy (or brain power) to get much done.

I was also trying to decide about working (or not) just to get a break but I have a sneaking suspicion that our family work life balance is as good as it gets at the moment. Having said that, I got a call from my previous work last week asking if I would consider returning for two days a week and I am now seriously considering it, even if it skews our balance. Don't feel like I'm being a particularly good mum at the moment and maybe two days a week will help me get some balance.

So, you're not alone and I hope you work something out soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now