Talk

Advanced search

Cheer me up with your "Aldridge Prior" stories

(2 Posts)
BalloonSlayer Sat 07-Nov-09 21:41:36

and advice on how to cope PLEASE.

(Aldridge Prior was a character in Viz - "Aldridge Prior, the Hopeless Liar")

DD is nearly 8 and is entering a "telling lies"" phase. Like her brother (9) she is utterly crap at it.

You know when sometimes you would be prepared to believe the lie for the sake of a quite life, but it is so obviously knackers that you can't for fear of compromising your intelligence.

DS1, when asked, "have you just eaten a bar of chocolate and stuffed the wrapper down the seat of the sofa?"

[Wide-eyed innocence] "No!"

Me: [smells his breath, 100% chocolate, it's 7am BTW] "Yes you have! If you're going to lie at least don't be too lazy to walk to the bin!!"

Yesterday the following exchange occured:

Me: DD you have Brownie parade on Sunday. Look at your Brownie stuff all screwed up in the drawer. You can't wear it like that. Why can't you fold it?
DD: I didn't put it in the drawer. I put it in the wardrobe!
Me: Well OK, who took it out of the wardrobe and screwed it up in a drawer? It wasn't me. Was it a ghost?
DD: I put it in the washing basket because it was dirty. I didn't put it in the drawer!
Me: DD, OK maybe you thought you put it in the washing basket but you put it in the drawer by mistake.
DD: Noooo, I put it in the washing basket!!! [Tears, screams etc]

I mean, WTF do you do?

kreecherlivesupstairs Sun 08-Nov-09 14:09:36

Too many to mention. My lovely girl is not only a skinny little fibber, she is also inadvertantly finbar saunders with his double entendres.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now