Talk

Advanced search

Swaddle wraps- which is best??

(10 Posts)
Horsiemummy Fri 06-Nov-09 13:47:50

Hi all,

i have 3 friends due babies early next year (and im due in march!) and i was looking into buying swaddling wraps as baby gifts and one for myself too.

but there are so many on the market has anyone had one they would particularly reccomend - or avoid!. i love the ones by Manuka baby but out of my price range im afraid.(esp. to buy 4!!)

any advice gratefully recieved.

A.x

chuckeyegg Fri 06-Nov-09 16:01:24

I got the grobag one but unfortunately DS hated being swaddled.

claraquack Fri 06-Nov-09 16:03:57

We had the Miracle blanket which we got in Mothercare, absolutely brilliant, I assume it's still around (we bought it four years ago).

HinnyPet Fri 06-Nov-09 16:05:26

I'd second the miracle blanket. Worked wonders.

chuckeyegg Fri 06-Nov-09 16:11:25

Maybe I should have had that one.

perfectstorm Fri 06-Nov-09 22:59:54

I loved the one I was given so much I bought a second. Both still in use as a light blanket now, a year on. Boots & John Lewis & Amazon sell them, I know, so I imagine more places will Mine are white with blue dots and white with blue mod circles. Really pretty, brushed cotton so very soft and warm without overheating, and worked a treat.

perfectstorm Fri 06-Nov-09 23:01:10

Just looking at the website - had no idea there were so many options! My choices look really dull now. grin

InTheZenGarden Sat 07-Nov-09 07:51:56

Miracle blanket here (from Mothercare), and it was Really easy to use (important when you're sleep deprived!), no poppers or velcro etc. Life saver

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Mon 09-Nov-09 00:16:38

I absolutely loved the one I got from the Grobag people. I wish I'd got another couple. Again, no fasteners or Velcro, but it works brilliantly.

mamakoukla Mon 09-Nov-09 03:13:20

Another option is to buy actual square cloths. They are known as receiving blankets in some countries. They can double up as spit cloths, extra layers etc. and after children have grown up, can be converted into huge dusters, window cleaning cloths etc. All you need to learn is how to swaddle with a square cloth (making a 'baby burrito' isn't too technical and is easy to learn)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now