Talk

Advanced search

how to start tooth brushing

(4 Posts)
lucykh Thu 05-Nov-09 10:09:17

hi there, anyone got any tips on how to start brushing teeth? Eg where, how, what to say, etc
I've managed to get the brush in DS's mouth a couple of times but haven't managed to brush yet as he shuts his mouth very quickly! He's 9 months and has had two bottom teeth for about a month now.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks....

Longo Thu 05-Nov-09 10:30:22

Hey, WE let DD play and chew with the tooth brush so she could get used to it! My tip would also to not brush where there are new ones coming through! We have also always said ahhh to get her used to opening her mouth! Works for us and DD now has 12 teeth! Good luck!

rosieposey Thu 05-Nov-09 10:38:04

I let my DS chew on the toothbrush, he has a habit of clamping his mouth shut for anything he doesnt want in there and when we have tried to brush his teeth before now he just doesnt want to know - think that the ahhh idea is good too - we are working on that and he is getting the idea.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Thu 05-Nov-09 14:32:22

By singing "Brush, brush brush your teeth, brush them every day, top teeth, bottom teeth, don't forget your tongue" to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat. It was the only thing that worked. Dd is 2.2 and we still sing it to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now