Talk

Advanced search

being left out

(3 Posts)
Elila Wed 04-Nov-09 21:48:34

my 4 year old daughter in reception, has 2 friends from nursery school and we (us and the other mothers) usually take the other 2 occasionally for play. my daughter was upset today as she said that one of the other mums picked up the other friend plus another one and left my daughter, she said the mummy mustn't like her. I just keep picturing her little face when they all left together (my mum picked her up as I was at work)and it is breaking my heart, I think I feel more upset than her! I know we all have been left out at some time or another but it feels 100 times worse when its happening to my daughter - how do I deal with this? I know its life and something she will have to learn how to deal with herself and I do encourage her to be friends with other children and she does seem to be but its still upsetting....

FrameyMcFrame Wed 04-Nov-09 22:12:30

I think this is one of the hardest things about being a parent.

It is so heartbreaking to see little ones being hurt by friends and yet their is not much you can do to help, other than be there for them and help to encourage other friendships, as you rightly say.
DD is 8 now and she has been through similar things and it still happens with friendship groups.

I don't have much advice I'm afraid, but I know how you feel sad

FrameyMcFrame Wed 04-Nov-09 22:15:03

oops, their/there* blush

gotta watch out for the grammar police on here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now