Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

9 year old girl birthday party - any ideas for games

(6 Posts)
tinykins Wed 04-Nov-09 11:13:10

My dd is having a few friends to our house on saturday for her birthday. Are there any games suitable for their age or is that too "babyish" for them at this stage??

blissa Wed 04-Nov-09 11:35:57

I know the last few parties my dd has been to haven't involved any games. They seem to prefer activities, like for my dds party in the summer they all decorated a bag each to take home, and for her friends party they all did a make over on each other.

My dd has just had her 8th birthday, we did a huge treasure hunt, 2 teams of kids each with 6 clues to different places, both ending up at the treasure. Or you could do face painting, it's always popular.

tinykins Wed 04-Nov-09 11:39:08

Great, thanks for that. I'll buy a couple of those craft sets for making bags, photo frames or whatever and let them get stuck in to that.

tinykins Wed 04-Nov-09 11:40:44

Just read yours themaster, will give the treasure hunt a go too thanks

flaime Thu 05-Nov-09 20:09:06

My DD loved the treasure hunt we did, and she also liked the chop stick game where you have to be the first one to get 10 raisens into your bowl using chopsticks with the other hand behind your back.

Another good one is where they have to roll a dice and if you get a 6 they put on some big winter gloves and have to try and eat a bar of chocolate with a knife and fork. As soon as the next person throws a 6 the first person's turn is up and the second person puts the gloves on and takes over.

Getting in some cheap toilet roll and letting 3 or 4 of them turn someone into a mummy is also quite funny, and if you have enough people you can do two teams against a clock.

Hope you have lots of fun whatever you get upto!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now