Talk

Advanced search

Knowing when your family is complete.

(3 Posts)
thedollshouse Tue 03-Nov-09 15:58:00

I always wanted a large family - 3 or 4 children. After we had ds the financial reality dawned on us and we realised that it would be very difficult for us to have more than 2 children.

The feeling of wanting a larger family never went away and deep down I really wanted 3 children. When we were on holiday in the summer I told dh that I didn't feel that I would ever be complete unless we tried for 3 children (at the time we were still ttc number 2) dh didn't agree and said that 2 should be our limit.

A couple of days after returning from holiday I discovered I was pregnant (after ttc for 1 year) with baby number 2. As soon as I saw those two lines on the test I knew I felt complete with two children. Three months later I am excited about the pregnancy and can't wait until we meet our new baby next spring and I have no desire whatsoever to have any more children after this baby. Even if we won the lottery I would choose to stick with two children.

It is weird how I literally changed my mind overnight. I never imagined that I would feel this way.

amandaeveille Wed 04-Nov-09 07:55:14

i do that from one dayto the next i would like to stay with 2 but then i want 3. i believe when you no longer have the feeling of possibly wanting another child you'll know you've reach your limit. hopw this helped

thedollshouse Wed 04-Nov-09 14:33:12

I feel like that now Amanda, I know that I definitely do not want another child after this one. Its just strange how I changed my mind the minute I found out I was pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now