Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vomit on carpet - help!

(7 Posts)
TheBossofMe Tue 03-Nov-09 09:35:51

Help! DD1 had horrendous vomiting thing overnight. She's all well now, but her carpet is not so lovely. Big browny vomit stains (even though we cleaned immediately with Milton and Flash), and even worse is the smell. We might have to rip it out if we can't get rid of the smell - at the moment, I can't even go into her room because its so bad. Any suggestions? Am posting in a couple of places because am fairly freaked out that a small child can produce so much puke!

Cakesandale Tue 03-Nov-09 09:40:11

try Bicarbonate of soda sprinkled onto stain - vacuum up when dry. And put a big bowl of vinegar in the room nearish to the stain (but where you can't kick over) - leave for a couple of days. It miraculously soaks up the pong. (But you have to have got all the actual vomit out of the carpet first, obviously.) HTH

xx

Divatheshopaholic Tue 03-Nov-09 09:42:58

yes, sprinkling soda works. just need to clean the vomit then put layers of soda,and leave for good while, and vacuum.

TheBossofMe Tue 03-Nov-09 09:52:51

Thanks! Will give that a try. Cream carpet in a child's room was never the best idea!

playftseforme Tue 03-Nov-09 09:55:09

I had this with our cream landing carpet. Used Vanish carpet cleaner and then soda. Given how saturated the carpet was, it's neither stained nor smells.

Good luck

morningpaper Tue 03-Nov-09 09:56:01

I removed mine after such an incident

If not, you will always be walking on dried vomit

It's NASTY

bamboobutton Tue 03-Nov-09 10:01:38

scrub it with a biological washing powder solution.

the enzymes in it will eat up all the smells.

it works wonders with DSs milky vomit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now