Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'The Curse Of The Mummy Club'

(6 Posts)
suedonim Wed 15-Jun-05 16:32:49

I saw this article about The Curse Of The Mummy Club which mentioned Mumsnet so I thought I'd ask Mumsnetter's opinions!

fastasleep Wed 15-Jun-05 16:34:37

Bonding with other mums can be great, but in my experience I found that making friends with someone just because they had a baby was disasterous!

chicagomum Wed 15-Jun-05 16:49:07

i wouldn't say that i've made friends with other mums for my children but rather for me as all my old friends have yet to entry the realms of parenthood. I agree with fastasleep though about making friends just because you have a baby, when i did an nct class i assumed that these people would become lifelong friends simply because of what we had "been through together" but we met up a couple of times after the babies were born and it then petered out as appart from the children we didn't have much else in common

Nightynight Wed 15-Jun-05 17:23:52

Ooh - mumsnet is not just limited to mothers who want to make friends with other mothers!

You only have to look at the um, broad range of subjects that are discussed to see that we are not baby-obsessed at all.

This kind of article is reason why I gave up reading big tabloids like the Daily Telegraph - hope they read this!

monkeytrousers Wed 15-Jun-05 18:29:13

Don't we do it to stop banging off the walls with boredom? I've definitely found that I'm loosing my vocabulary. I have to go back to university in September and need the practice!

ps what’s a yummy mummy??

mogwai Wed 15-Jun-05 22:30:14

I think it's someone who "has it all"

Think Jamie Oliver's wife

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now