Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 in a bath

(18 Posts)
webmum Wed 15-Jun-05 13:28:19

when did you start bathing your children together?
I'dlike to do this with my dds aged 4 and 7months, but not sure if it's too early? I believe I should not use older dd's bath bubbles with baby, right?

Thanks!

pedilia Wed 15-Jun-05 13:30:00

mine are the same age as your two and they have been bathed together sice ds2 was one month, they love it and it is easier for us ! we used bubble bath but stopped cos ds2 has excema.

Gwenick Wed 15-Jun-05 13:30:04

We've bathing the two boys together since DS2 was about 6 months old (there's 3yrs 3 months between them). Use of the older dd's bubble bath's depends on whether you DD2 has sensitive skin - we've been known to use Avon scented bubble bath before now when we've run out of the kids stuff,

Lucycat Wed 15-Jun-05 13:32:06

We bathed our 2 dd's together from when dd2 could sit in one of those bath seat jobbies ( didn't trust her not to go for a swim!)they love it. I use Tesco's own baby bath for both of them, as dd2 has fairly sensitive skin anyway. Oh and get ds2 out first - be warned he will kick up a stink about having to get out first.....
hth

Lonelymum Wed 15-Jun-05 13:32:41

Mine shared baths from the moment i felt safe putting the baby in the big bath (not sure when that was but about 6 months when they could sit unaided). They still share baths (usually two together) and the oldest is nine next week! I still use the baby bubble bath with all of them.

nailpolish Wed 15-Jun-05 13:33:58

i bathed dd's together since the day dd2 was born. it was difficult at first, cos dd2 was so tiny, but it saved so much time. and it made bathtime enjoyable for them. now dd2 is older (7 mths) she sits in a bathseat which gives me both hands free.

i dont use bubble bath, i just pour some baby shampoo under the tap and that makes great bubbles for washing, and i know it wont hurt their eyes.

ninah Wed 15-Jun-05 13:36:11

I'm gonna do the same Np, once I have no 2! no 2 baths with ds but only when I do atm iyswim.

Pomi Wed 15-Jun-05 14:41:01

I started giving my boys bath togther very early when ds2 was 4 months and ds1 14 but dh has to help as well. Doing it successfully for two months as they both love playing in water and i dont have to worry about the other one.

Jimjams Wed 15-Jun-05 16:25:17

ds2 and ds3 have been going in together since ds3 was 4 weeks old (ds2 is 3).

scotlou Wed 15-Jun-05 16:45:20

I started bathing my 2 together when dd was about 3 months - ds would have been around 3. I found reaching over the bath to hold her quite difficult - so got in as well. We do have a large bath though! My dh still baths them both like this as he has a bad back and it is easier for him.

beachyhead Wed 15-Jun-05 16:47:24

my question is when do you stop? my dd is 8 and my ds is 4.....new baby is due August and I'm not sure we can fit three in the bath.

crunchie Wed 15-Jun-05 16:49:54

I would keep going as long as possible, shift baths if necessary!! I have done 4 in our bath (just) but they were 5, 4, 3, and 2 at the time.

Can't see the problem TBH. Or bath the baby in teh sink at the same time

motherinferior Wed 15-Jun-05 16:58:58

Mine bath, I shower at the same time. It's all rather jolly.

hana Wed 15-Jun-05 18:00:10

since dd2 was a few weeks old
we don't use bubblebath
it's great

Prufrock Wed 15-Jun-05 20:38:38

Since ds was 5 days old and we came out of hospital. We quite often end up with dh, dd and ds in the bath, and me having a shower (seperate cubicle obv.). I don't put anything in, but once ds is out dd's hair gets washed.

albosmum Wed 15-Jun-05 20:50:34

ds1 9 years and ds2 14 months have been sharing a bath for about 7 months they both love it

Blu Wed 15-Jun-05 21:03:40

Sounds fine to me

webmum Thu 16-Jun-05 00:35:48

Thanks for the responses, I'll invest in a bath seat tomorrow and will start the new routine asap!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now