Talk

Advanced search

I completely, utterly, totally *bloody* hate playing cars.....!!!!

(9 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Thu 29-Oct-09 10:43:49

Have an only ds age 4. Plays by himself well, we get out and do lots of stuff with other kids, and I love doing most other things with him, but blardy hate playing 'cars' with a vengeance. Pointless waste of time...am I the worst mother in the world or are there other closet 'car' haters too?

(my sister has girls and she confessed to having a similar loathing to playdoh when they were younger...)

OmniDroid Thu 29-Oct-09 10:48:43

Yeeeeessss! DS is 3.7, and I tell him straight that I don't like playing cars, I am no good at playing cars, and I will happily go on a scooter ride to the park with him instead. I don't GET playing cars. Lying on the floor saying 'bruuum' while pushing a dinky car, while a crazed child scoots around yelling 'vroom', where's the fun????

thelunar66 Thu 29-Oct-09 10:50:50

its not as bad as playing shops... that is boring.

BudaBones Thu 29-Oct-09 10:53:44

Well I have one DS and he was car mad for years and I have to say I never ONCE played cars with him. I would do jigsaws, or read or any number of other things but not cars.

One thing he did love was to 'dress-up' as a car! We had a Toyota at the time and he would get me to make a Toyota emblem , a steering wheel and number plates from paper or cardboard and stick them on to him. He would then run around 'being' a car. Mad and funny but cheap and kept him happy for ages. I would sit on sofa making encouraging noises from behind my magazine.

merryberry Thu 29-Oct-09 11:40:09

mine made me play real car snap yesterday for the umpteenth day running, walking to the tube. snap by colour. snap by size. snap by maker's badge. snap by dangly bits on mirror. have never looked at so many cars in so much detail.

have had enough. booooring.

Othersideofthechannel Thu 29-Oct-09 12:25:14

I used to manage about three minutes and then resort to something like 'lets get the lego out and build a garage for your cars'.

iwantitnow Thu 29-Oct-09 16:40:54

I hate playing trains and have a 3 yr old obseesed with Sodor girl, have a baby boy - looking forward to cars can't take any more trains.

colditz Thu 29-Oct-09 16:42:48

I had another baby to get out of playing cars.

Luckily the other child enjoys cars too/. now they are 6 and 3 and I haven't touched a small car for weeks.

dandycandyjellybean Fri 30-Oct-09 12:19:35

colditz that's hard core car hate that, not sure I could go that far!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now