Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

2nd opinion needed. Fast

(15 Posts)
Louise1980 Wed 15-Jun-05 07:34:36

Ds1 (4) has been crying nd coughing all night. Hes eating his breakfast now and still whinging. Hes crying over the slightest thing. The wrong plate, I cut his bread up the wrong way etc.

He says he's too tired to go to school and its possible as Im shattered too. Should I keep him off or send him?

I hate having to make these choices alone!

Earlybird Wed 15-Jun-05 07:42:13

Keep him home and take him to the doctor if you think it will benefit him. School will be a nightmare for him (and the teachers) if he's been up all night.

Stay home with him and have a lazy day of gentle activities, naps and lots of telly. You both probably need it! Good luck.

Earlybird Wed 15-Jun-05 07:42:25

Keep him home and take him to the doctor if you think it will benefit him. School will be a nightmare for him (and the teachers) if he's been up all night.

Stay home with him and have a lazy day of gentle activities, naps and lots of telly. You both probably need it! Good luck.

Earlybird Wed 15-Jun-05 07:42:28

Earlybird Wed 15-Jun-05 07:43:38

LGJ Wed 15-Jun-05 07:46:55

I think you made your point very well EB

charleepeters Wed 15-Jun-05 07:49:02

keep him home and take him to thr dr he may just be coming down with something does he have a temp??

Louise1980 Wed 15-Jun-05 07:49:28

Thanks EB, did you say I should keep him home?

Louise1980 Wed 15-Jun-05 07:52:34

No temp. 36.1.

I gave him calpol earlier though. I dont think he needs to see a doctor. Im just concerned in case he's playing on his cough so he doesnt need to go.

I also wondered if he could be worried about ds2 going into hospital tomorrow? Just a thought.

Earlybird Wed 15-Jun-05 07:57:22

Hate it when my computer stutters!

Earlybird Wed 15-Jun-05 07:59:02

well...you said you hated making decisions alone, so I gave you a second, third, fourth and fifth opinion!

jambo1707 Wed 15-Jun-05 08:07:28

Keep him off have a jammie day.

You may find he picks up around lunchtime but it saves the school calling you back to collect him.

Maybe he is worried for his wee brither thats sweet but could be stressful for you

ENJOY your jammie day

mandyc66 Wed 15-Jun-05 13:00:39

I assume you kept him off!! I would have.Does he usually play up.if not there is something wrong either health or worry. Spend a nice day together and have a chat!!

Louise1980 Wed 15-Jun-05 14:44:45

Well I sent him! Cruel or what?

Not just to go against your advice as I was inclined to keep him off but..............

.......................................as soon as I said he could stay off school he decided he was better and could jump around my furniture(sp)! It was only 8:10am and he'd had breakfast so I dressed him and off we went.

Found out when we got there he had been in trouble yesterday! My mam had collected him as I was busy! Problem solved.

mandyc66 Wed 15-Jun-05 17:16:02

oh well you know best and looks like you did the right thing!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: