Talk

Advanced search

what age do you think is the youngest age for playmobile?

(13 Posts)
carriedababi Sun 25-Oct-09 23:53:17

what age is the youngest age for playmobile, i know the manufactuers say 4
what do you think?

thinking of getting this for a 2 and a half year old

here

Geocentric Sun 25-Oct-09 23:58:21

I think that as long as you hide all the small bits it should be ok.

llaregguBOO Mon 26-Oct-09 00:02:11

I bought Playmobil for my DS's 2nd birthday, but he has never been one for putting things in his mouth. It really depends on the child I think.

shinybaubles Mon 26-Oct-09 08:49:11

I wouldn't - my ds still finds it all a bit fidly and he is 3.6 now. What about little people ds loved that at that age.

bamboostalks Mon 26-Oct-09 08:51:57

The lego duplo stuff is great, my dd is 2.9 and loves her shop and farm.

Marne Mon 26-Oct-09 08:52:25

Dd1 started at 3 (and has too much), dd2 is 3.5 but seems a bit rough handed with it, i think it depends which set, the Ark looks great for younger children as its just got the ark and animals (not as many tiny bits), Toys r us have got the ark half price at the mo. I let dd2 play with dd1's rubbish truck and she took it apart. Dd2 likes fisher price little people and elc happy land.

MrsJohnDeere Mon 26-Oct-09 09:03:05

Ds1 started playing with it at 2.5. He struggled a bit then with some of the fiddlier aspects (putting swords into knights' hands etc) but it didn't mar his enjoyment. He was into it in a big way by 3 years.

carriedababi Mon 26-Oct-09 11:24:32

thanks for the advice, maybe i'll wait a bit then.

<impatient>

Bucharest Mon 26-Oct-09 11:28:25

First thing dd had was the plane and airport- the Christmas she was 3.

thegrowlygus Mon 26-Oct-09 12:17:20

DS2 (age 2.5) loves his older brother's stuff - particularly the knights. But again he has never really been one for putting stuff in his mouth, and doesn't manage to put the swords in their hands etc.

He does still play with them for ages though!

IrritableGrizzly Tue 27-Oct-09 14:04:14

My ds1 is 6 and has only just started playing properly with it. I wouldn't even think about it for a two year old - the tiny pieces will end up all over your house and drive you crazy. Playmobil do however have a range called 123 which is designed for smaller children, has no small pieces, maybe you could find something animal-related in that range?

BarakObamasTransitVan Tue 27-Oct-09 14:51:16

Ds was probably coming up to five by the time he really got into it - once he'd tired of Brio (which I can thoroughly recommend), basically. He's now 9 and still loves it big time.

Takver Tue 27-Oct-09 15:23:30

Christmas just before she was two - she was well past putting things in her mouth at that stage, and has always wanted to play with teeny tiny things. Still probably the single most played with toy (even more than lego) now age 7 going on 8.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now