Talk

Advanced search

Halloween. Half term is full of 'een activities. Where are the non 'een things?!!

(9 Posts)
Time2Hibernate Sun 25-Oct-09 20:19:15

DS is 3.5 and has told me he doesn't like the halloween stuff as it is scary and finds the 'skeleton heads' etc very disturbing and doesn't want to go to places or do the scary stuff. Ok, fair enough. He's pretty clued up and knows his own mind, so I look to entertain accordingly.

However, I'm looking for things to do over the half term that isn't H'een based; everywhere I look, even the National Trust and other types of visitor centres are doing Halloween and ghost, ghoul etc (as to be expected).

Any ideas what hasn't got H'een stuff on?

We're Mid South.

kcartyparty Sun 25-Oct-09 23:45:49

Check your local newspaper. Should be plenty of ideas there

pinkteddy Sun 25-Oct-09 23:47:45

Try netmums, put your postcode in, gives you a list of whats on locally. A lot will be halloween focused though. I sympathise, dd is 6 and still doesn't really like it!

kcartyparty Mon 26-Oct-09 00:22:21

Soft play centres are not usually ween focused.

Parks are a great idea on a sunny day.

Swimming too is another great fam day out.

How about a play friend round on another day for cake decorating...kids love this one!!

Have a puppet show. Just cover dining table with sheet, kneel behind and use finger puppets.

SolidGhoulBrass Mon 26-Oct-09 00:28:37

Well today we went here and it's open till the end of the week. And it's lovely. Is your DS remotely interested in trains? If he is, this is heaven on earth for small people who like trains, as it is basically one great big outdoor train set, there is a little steam train to ride on (an additional 90p a ride) and it's not that boring for adults as the village itself is cute and fascinating.

kcartyparty Mon 26-Oct-09 00:38:03

Bekonscott model village .. what a great place. Been years since I went there. My son loved it!!

Only prob I had was he kept trying to step over the fences to get the little men... smile bless!

Time2Hibernate Mon 26-Oct-09 07:48:10

Thank you. Some great ideas. Trains and puppets are firm favourites.

Glad my DS isn't the only child that's not keen on the 'een!

FourArms Mon 26-Oct-09 07:56:58

Eden is having HallowEden, so not expecting too many skeletons there.

scrappydappydoo Mon 26-Oct-09 07:57:52

We're in the same boat - dd1 gets frightened going down the halloween aisle at tescos...
Planning on park today as weather is good but apart from that I can't find anything - even went over to nethuns...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now