Talk

Advanced search

how do you stop your baby getting stuck in their cot?

(8 Posts)
Booooooooooyhoo Fri 23-Oct-09 23:27:54

ds2 is 5 months and has just started wriggling round in his cot so he gets stuck between the sidebars. of course then he cant get back again and cracks up.

what do i do?

Fruitbatlings Fri 23-Oct-09 23:30:40

his foot/leg gets stuck? Is he in a Grobag? or some such?

Booooooooooyhoo Fri 23-Oct-09 23:37:37

no his feet dont actually go through the bars, he just ends up wedged IYKWIM. no grobag.

Fruitbatlings Fri 23-Oct-09 23:40:25

maybe try a sleeping bag? Maybe he won't feel so free to wriggle? Worth a try smile I always use sleeping bags for mine, never had ay trouble of stuck foot or wedged baby grin

Booooooooooyhoo Fri 23-Oct-09 23:44:08

come to think of it i used one with ds1 and he never got stuck either. thanks fruitbatlings

DrCosyTiger Sat 24-Oct-09 13:12:50

I've had exactly the same problem with DD now 7m. A grobag definitely helped. I've also put a rolled up towel under the sheet at the top of the cot which helps to stop her wriggling upwards and getting her head stuck between the top bars. Good luck!

Fruitbatlings Sun 25-Oct-09 07:35:47

no worries Boooooooyhoo smile

meep Sun 25-Oct-09 08:51:30

dd1 was a dream - just lay there and never moved

dd2 sleeps on her tummy at 7mo and spends most nights with her arm hanging out through the bars - doesn't seem to wake her up though. She is in a Grobag and stiill sometimes manahes to get her legs stuck!

you buy one of these if it gets really bad - but I suppose have to balance against ability to use it to escape!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now