Talk

Advanced search

If you had a four-bedroomed, three bathroomed home with no playroom...

(14 Posts)
SorciereAnna Fri 23-Oct-09 08:40:03

would you put your two permanently resident children of 5 and 2 in the smallest bedroom, your DSD of 11 who is at home on alternate weekends in the second largest bedroom, keep the very largest bedroom for the parents and have a double spareroom?

stakethroughtheheartofgold Fri 23-Oct-09 08:42:49

how large is the smallest room in this imaginary mansion? chances are its bigger than the room my two share happily.

sarah293 Fri 23-Oct-09 08:44:38

Message withdrawn

Ivykaty44 Fri 23-Oct-09 08:46:02

No put the 11 year old in the smallest bedroom, they need less space as they get older and she is not there often.

Put the two little ones in the second largest bedroom as they are shareing

Keep the third bedroom for spare and you have the master

SorciereAnna Fri 23-Oct-09 08:46:37

Not huge, but big enough for two beds and clothing for two small children. They have absolutely no other play area however - it's an apartment with no garden or balcony.

girlsyearapart Fri 23-Oct-09 08:46:49

No I'd let the resident kids have their own room each eldest in the 2nd biggest room parents in very largest keep 4th room for dsd/spare.
Put the toys in the kids rooms.
Why?

Ewe Fri 23-Oct-09 08:47:02

What ivykaty said. Makes the most sense.

psychomum5 Fri 23-Oct-09 08:47:54

I would put the smaller two in the second largest room for the simple reason that they will have lots of toys.

DSD would have the smallest. If she was here for twice a month she really would not need much room. and at 11, her toys will be of the small type.

I agree with keeping one room spare tho for guest etc

Hullygully Fri 23-Oct-09 08:48:02

No, absolutely not. I would give the sharing children the biggest bedroom (so can double as playroom), smallest for guests (if big enough for double), double room for parents (who only sleep there, not play (unless they are v v lucky etc)) and other largish bedroom for dsd.

Neve understood why parents want giant bedroom when they only sleep there and kids use bedrooms so much more (unless playroom).

SorciereAnna Fri 23-Oct-09 08:48:20

Because we went to have dinner with friends last night, and they showed us around their new apartment, and this is what they had chosen to do (and they did lots of building works, they could have divided up the master bedroom into two and had 5 bedrooms in total had they so wished).

MamaG Fri 23-Oct-09 08:48:34

I'd put parents in biggest room
Playroom for second bedroom
third bedroom for 2 to share
smallest room for 11 yo

stakethroughtheheartofgold Fri 23-Oct-09 08:48:50

in that case i'd go with ivy's arrangement.

Hullygully Fri 23-Oct-09 08:49:21

Nowt so queer etc.

BarbaraBlacksheep Fri 23-Oct-09 08:55:35

I thought the OP was digging at a regular with that name but I see now it is that regular and her wild imagination wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now