Talk

Advanced search

In need of some bonding and fun activities for me and DS to do before nursery

(3 Posts)
mamadiva Wed 21-Oct-09 23:23:17

Long story short I have never really properly bonded with DS who is now 3.4YO, I am kind of starting to realise this now and want to make more of an effort with him.

It's not like I don't pay him attention or anything like that but he goes to nursery Mon-Fri for the funded sessions 12.45-3.15pm and I feel as if that's the only thing we ever get out.

I need to get it sorted to make me stop feeling like a shit mum and in the hope that it might calm him down a bit as he is an exhausting child blush

So what do you do with your kids? Not got a lot of money and don't drive but can get buses around the place.

1dilemma Wed 21-Oct-09 23:49:16

Walk in park collecting stuff (we did leaves the other day)

picnic/coffee shop

library (often have story time/singing)

swim

cook stuff

draw

DVD and popcorn/crisps for a treat

bath/shower (when I'm getting desperate for ideas)

water in garden

bubbles

read books

go to supermarket to buy something

washing/cleaning

football in park

theres' some ideas!

Bumblingbovine Wed 21-Oct-09 23:59:50

That is a really annoying time, Ds did afternoons and I found it really stressful going out and getting back in time to have lunch and get to pre-school

Have you tried actually just playing with him for a set time each day on whatever he likes to play (even of you don't enjoy it). You could set a timer so that it has an end point? The game needs to be one that helps you connect though.

I do sympathise as I struggled to bond with ds and found playing with ds REALLY hard. A book called Playful Parenting was fantastic though and gave me loads of ideas.

Going out is good and you will get loads of ideas for that but tbh, I often went our with ds because I couldn't stand his demands for playing. What I found was if I did play with him wholeheartedly for some time (any time between 20min and 1hr) he was miles happer and we just felt closer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now