Talk

Advanced search

What does your 3 year old boy or girl like doing??

(19 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Tue 20-Oct-09 21:15:24

I need inspiration for birthday presents

TheGreatScootini Tue 20-Oct-09 21:19:05

Drawing, painting and sticking..anything with glitter glue/paint/insert other messy susbtance.

One of her favourite things is this kind of arts and creafts caddy possibly from ELC,that she got given, which had wooden spoons in it and lots of stickers and things to stick on and you made the spoons into people.Think it was about a tenner and really good value as you got loads of stuff in it and it kept her amused for hours.

369thegoosedrankwine Tue 20-Oct-09 21:29:59

DS is just finding his imagination. Loves playing with spaceships and helicopters and going on rescue missions with them. He is also starting to enjoy dressing up - spacemen, firemen etc.

He also loves certain DVD's at the moment, ones with dogs in are faves - space buddies, snow buddies etc.

iwantitnow Tue 20-Oct-09 21:36:17

Thomas, thomas and more thomas - my DD smile

Rebeccaj Tue 20-Oct-09 22:30:10

Trains and cars... Also adores cooking! (boy).

ChasingSquirrels Tue 20-Oct-09 22:33:46

trains
playdoh - got a couple of sets for 3rd birthday in Jan and have been v v popular
annoying older brother
cooking
books
messy play - paints, sticking, glitters, colouring
playing on the pc

lavenderkate Tue 20-Oct-09 22:42:32

Playing with his trainsets.

Sploshing with a brolly and wellies.

Reading Hairy McLary books. (So do I)

Rolling out dough to make biscuits with cutters.

Playing with Playmobil and lego.

Airdry clay is fab. We make hedgehogs and things.

Claire2009 Tue 20-Oct-09 22:46:03

Dora, Fifi, Princess.
Playdough, drawing, painting, playing hide and seek, reading books, playing imaginary games, playing with toy animals ...

she's 3.8yo.

BiscuitStuffer Thu 22-Oct-09 19:46:40

Thank you so much - great ideas and if anyone has any more to add, then please keep them coming as i have a few to buy for!!!!

UniS Thu 22-Oct-09 20:34:04

splashing in puddles - a pair of wellies, waterproof trousers and coat and some rain, hes very happy boy.

Playing with toy cars or trains - but try and find out what size he already has and go with more of same. Its pain when people give trains that won;t fit the existing track.

waitingforbedtime Thu 22-Oct-09 20:40:41

Ds is almost 3 and loves...

anything crafty and we get through ALOT of stuff

anything messy such as baking (cutters etc?), digging (gardening set?)and splashing in puddles

swimming and playing with water toys

playing with little figures.

sandfairy Thu 22-Oct-09 20:45:15

Drilling anything and everything - particularly playdoh. He was given a little battery powered screwdriver set with a car that goes together with plastic screws (from ELC) and rarely lets the 'drill' out of his sight!

janjas Thu 22-Oct-09 20:45:48

dd who has just turned 3 loves dressing up. Have a big dressing up box with all sorts of fairy/disney princess dresses in it along with tiaras, shoes, jewellery etc. Also enjoys dressing up as a nurse and making all her dolls and teddys feel better! You can buy the nurses uniform and a set of medical things from early learning centre.

LadyOfTheFlowers Thu 22-Oct-09 20:48:15

DS2 (3) likes:

Dora/Diego
PlayDoh
Painting
Cutting 'n' sticking
Peppa Pig
Baking/cooking with me
Duplo and Lego
Riding his bike
Playing with a football
Running about with a plastic mower

Horton Thu 22-Oct-09 21:13:18

DD aged just over three likes

Cooking
Dressing up
Playing at being a doctor/mechanic/nurse/teacher/mummy
Play-Doh
Any kind of cutting and sticking activity, also sheets of stickers even cheapie ones like coloured circles from Smiths
Putting wellies on and stomping in puddles (and taking her umbrella out in the rain)
Pushing a toy buggy or shopping trolley to the shops and back (she is so delighted when she takes her tiny plastic trolley and we put some shopping in it)

purpleturtle Thu 22-Oct-09 21:16:05

DS2 (3) can play for ages with Happyland stuff, or Playmobil.

Also likes to pretend he's Simon Cowell. blush

Lavenderfleurs Fri 23-Oct-09 19:31:03

Number 1 is doing Jigsaws, she loves them.
Painting
Rolling play dough into snakes, nothing else, just snakes.
Reading Kipper and Mr Men books
Going Swimming
Water Play, I quite often pop her in the bath during the day then sit outside with a book while she plays for ages, with the occasional top up of hot water for me.
Favourite programmes are Humf, Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, Kipper and The Wonder Pets.

Wow I am glad I saw this thread, I do loads more with dd than I thought I did grin.

Lavenderfleurs Fri 23-Oct-09 19:31:46

from me not for me.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 23-Oct-09 19:37:27

Drawing, colouring, painting, glittering, sticking, cutting out shapes.
Playing with lego duplo
Playing with little people farm and school set
Using her chalk board - she loves this in fact, likes to 'practice' writing!
Jigsaws
Having baths, going swimming - we have all sorts of floats, bottles, cups as well as toys etc in the bath for splash time, and we have floats, noodles, rings, balls which we take to the pool.
Her bike. She loves her bike. A balance bike. Probably one of the best big presents we have bought her.
Dressing up. Either in dressing up clothes, in mummy clothes, in curtains, sheets, towels, muslin cloth, anything!
"camping" in dens made with sheets - she loves to pretend she is really camping (we go a lot).
Rockpooling - regardless of the weather. In the summer we go in swimming costumes, in winter in a full watersuit and wellies - net and bucket.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now