Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

postnatal doulas

(4 Posts)
TattyT Mon 19-Oct-09 17:44:13

My sister in Nottingham has just been raving about her postnatal doula - a lady who is coming into her home each day to help her with her newborn twins. She sounds marvellous - she does the washing, ironing shopping, cooking,and even cooks a meal for the evening. MOST importantly she encourages my sister to go for a sleep each afternoon. She sounds like an angel - I wish I'd had one. Has anyone else heard of them? My sister says she found her on the doula UK website.

FourArms Mon 19-Oct-09 18:03:58

Interesting first post

pinkdaisy Mon 19-Oct-09 18:19:36

There was a article about them in Baby Surrey, when I was pregnant the first time around, my dh and I couldn't understand who would actually have one, now I have just had ds2, I know if I had the money I would have loved one!!!!
Sounds like a dream!!!! Wouldn't want them doing much with the baby, but all the other bits sound great!!! I can imagine it would be great with twins, especially if you don't have any family that live nearby!
Lx

mamayaya Thu 22-Oct-09 00:17:46

I had one she was marvellous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now