Talk

Advanced search

I think I won't be a good mother to my little girl (binge-eating)

(2 Posts)
amelie2781 Sun 18-Oct-09 11:45:34

Hello. I'm due today so I'm starting to panick a little. I already have a 2-year-old son and I've been feeling terribly anxious since I learnt my second child is a girl.
To cut a long story short, my parents always made me feel that their love was dependent on my weight. Told me I was fat as early as I can remember, even though I was not (not even chubby). I spent my teenage years locked in my bedroom because I thought I was so ugly, and I comfort-ate so much that I eventually became ugly. Over the past ten years my weight has been yo-yoing a lot (between 120 and 230 pounds, which must be my weight now) and I hate my body, I hate myself for ruining my looks and my health.
How can I be a good role model for a little girl? I already love her so much and I don't want her to be as unhappy as I am.
Has anyone raised a healthy, happy little girl while suffering from low self-esteem and / or binge-eating?
Sorry if I've made mistakes, my English gets really bad when I'm upset.

nicnacinoonoo Sun 18-Oct-09 13:18:13

i think it will probably make you an even better mum as after going through what you went through im sure you will do everything in your power to make sure your little girl is very self confident.
my mum always told me that she felt her mother was jealous of her figure when she was younger and so dictated what clothes she could wear making sure that they were very unflattering. as a result of this my mum always complimented me and let me wear the clothes that i wanted to.
dont worry im sure you'll be a fab mummy to your dd as you say you already love her so much which is more than your parents probably did. love is unconditional when it comes to our children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now