Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my 4 month old into bed earlier?

(2 Posts)
lechatnoir Fri 16-Oct-09 22:35:02

Any ideas how I can get my DS2 into bed earlier as he's keeping DS1 awake and ruining our (cherished) evening! He's not really in a set routine as such but roughly feeds at the same times which are: 7am, 10, 1pm, 4pm, 6-6:30pm & then last feed around 8pm if we're lucky but usually more like 8:30 and this one takes up to an hour to finish, wind & get into bed.

Main problem is he shares a room with DS1 (3.5) and is keeping him awake. I'd much rather get DS2 finshed & into bed before DS1 comes up at 7:30pm so need to somehow get him having his last feed nearer 7pm.

Any ideas or suggestion that don't involved getting up earier!
TIA
LCN

daisyj Fri 16-Oct-09 22:44:58

Can you do bath at 6.15 ish to extend the time between his last two feeds, then feed in bedroom from 6.30. That way he should be down by 7,30. My dd had very similar timings with two feeds closer together at the end of the day at that age. You might find it takes just a few more weeks before you can do it comfortably, but you might also want to consider trying to extend the time between the earlier feeds a little if he'll accept that, then you'd end up eliminating one feed quite naturally (so end up with five feeds) and the timing might work a little better for a 7.30 bedtime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now