Talk

Advanced search

Washing children's hair in the evening

(38 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 16-Oct-09 08:08:49

If you give your children a bath in the evening, do they go to bed with wet hair?

Clayhead Fri 16-Oct-09 08:11:49

No, I blow dry it (only takes a minute or two)

JackieNo Fri 16-Oct-09 08:12:26

No. I use a hairdryer on them (well, DD does her own these days). Because her hair is pretty long, sometimes it is still a tiny bit damp, but that doesn't bother me.

maybebaby23 Fri 16-Oct-09 08:12:41

No we dry it with the hairdryer. I wouldn't like to go to bed with wet hair!

gorionine Fri 16-Oct-09 08:15:47

Hair dryer here as well when the weather is cold. In the summer it tends to dry on its own before they actually go to bed.

TigerBitesAgain Fri 16-Oct-09 08:15:50

Do you go to bed with wet hair?

FlamingoBingo Fri 16-Oct-09 08:17:38

Yes, as do I if I wash it or bath in the evening. Why not?

I'd dry it with a hair dryer if they wanted me to - they've never complained though!

ChasingSquirrels Fri 16-Oct-09 08:18:20

no, but they are both boys with very short hair, often it is dry again before they get out of the bath.

seeker Fri 16-Oct-09 08:24:26

Sometimes. Why not?

TheBlairSnitchProject Fri 16-Oct-09 08:35:58

This is where boys are easier. Quick rub with a towel and he's dry again

No wet hair in bed here

Tombliboobs Fri 16-Oct-09 08:36:28

By the time DS goes to bed it is damp, yes.

angelene Fri 16-Oct-09 08:37:36

My DD always goes to bed with wet hair, using the hairdryer would dry her already-dry-and-very-eczema-prone skin worse, plus she is over-sensitive to noise. It doesn't seem to do her any harm.

TigerBitesAgain Fri 16-Oct-09 08:46:13

Crikey I find it extraordinary that any adult would take themselves to bed with wet hair, it's so uncomfortable, let alone inflict this on their kids. Still, live and learn. It's why I try not to wash DS's long thick hair at night - can't stand the faffing about with the dryer. I am quite happy for us to have wet hair during the day though.

FlamingoBingo Fri 16-Oct-09 08:47:53

Surely a child would tell you if it was uncomfortable? And comfort is a subjective thing, really. Just because you find something uncomfortable doesn't mean everyone else will.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 16-Oct-09 08:48:17

My dd has nine hairs and a nit, it takes about half an hour to air dry her hair. She got it caught in the vent/fan thing at the back of the hairdryer so won't use it now. If she gets in the bath or shower as soon as we come home from school, she's dry and ready for bed. She does often wake up with damp hair, either sweat or tipping the contents of her water cup all over her.

I dry their hair, they both have very thick hair though so it only gets washed once a week.

Acinonyx Fri 16-Oct-09 08:55:27

Dd has always gone to bed with wet hair. She's used to it and doesn't mind. I would to - but I usually wash it in the morning.

TrillianSlasher Fri 16-Oct-09 08:57:54

I often went to bed with wet hair as a child. It was fine. There's definitely not time to wash and dry children's hair in the morning.

ruddynorah Fri 16-Oct-09 08:58:28

dd has her hair washed maybe twice a week in the evening, maybe 2 hours before bed. so it's damp but not sopping wet. she isn't bothered.

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 09:05:23

No, but DD1's hair drys really quickly, so by the time we have her out of the bath and dressed in her pj's her hair is usually dry. If not I would blow dry it though.

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 16-Oct-09 09:06:15

Sorry I meant dries not drys blush (I had a long night lol)

upahill Fri 16-Oct-09 09:12:29

In our house big DS(13) likes to have his shower and wash is hair before school. He just towel dries it as it is very short. Small DS likes to have a bath in the morning and have his hair washed. As his hair is long we use the hairdryer on it. I would never let them go to bed with wet hair -ever.

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Fri 16-Oct-09 09:12:54

I have very long thick hair and often go to bed with it wet. I actually quite like it. I don't like hairdryers, I find them really uncomfortable.

I wash DD's hair before bedtime but she's only 15 months and it's very curly so it dries within minutes.

WoTmania Fri 16-Oct-09 09:19:38

I only ever wash my hair and DSs hair in the evening. I towel dry it (vigorously) and it's fine. DS1 has long thick hair.
DH also has long (almost hip length) hair and goes to sleep without drying it. We have no hair dryer.

KnickersandVests Fri 16-Oct-09 09:23:25

DD get her long, thick hair washed in the evening and tied back in plait, she likes a towel placed on her pillow too.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. At least I've washed her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now