Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

3?

(12 Posts)
regularmum Thu 15-Oct-09 21:24:42

i know its been done a lot on here but.....

number 3

help? advice? pros? cons?

Having a bit of a wobble, have 2 beautiful DC's and life is great but can't help but feel one more...

regularmum Thu 15-Oct-09 21:36:44

bump

womblemeister Thu 15-Oct-09 21:44:52

same here. have just accidentally on purpose TTC no. 3 and waiting to find out the result. if it's BFN will be gutted - so that's my answer. if someone gave you newborn DC3 tomorrow how would you feel?

Sidge Thu 15-Oct-09 21:55:46

I have 3 and it's lovely smile

Bloody hard work but lovely!

It's harder finding babysitters, especially for the non-sleeping hours as 3 is a lot for a non-parent to cope with. If you need/want to work childcare for 3 is prohibitively expensive - I'm glad mine are a bit spaced out.

Accommodating the differing needs of 3 can be hard.

It gets expensive - new shoes for all 3 is the best part of 100 quid. Many places are set up for the 'traditional' 2 adults 2 children family scenario.

But I wouldn't change it for the world - I love seeing my girls all together smile

DiamondHead Thu 15-Oct-09 22:00:34

Yay. I've got 3 and today, it's good.

regularmum Thu 15-Oct-09 22:04:53

it's very tempting.

Although the 2 i have are 4 and 6, so would be a bit of a gap, between them and number 3.

house isn't big enough but is extendable and we can extend the mortgage to do this.

preciouslillywhite Thu 15-Oct-09 22:07:47

only problem I've found with three is that now I'm thinking..

...would four be so bad??

grin

...sort of like pints of lager- once you go over the two, it's difficult to stop wink

teameric Thu 15-Oct-09 22:07:51

regularmum thanks for starting this thread,I have been having the exact same dilemma.
more opinions please!

Lifeistooshort Thu 15-Oct-09 22:12:05

I have decided to take the plunge and TTC 3. Completely understand you dilema

busybutterfly Thu 15-Oct-09 22:13:21

Three is the magic number! Have 2DS and 1DD, wonderful.

Go for it grin

teameric Thu 15-Oct-09 22:17:28

ooooh I'm so broody!!grin my BF has just found out she's pg with her fourth!

FritesMenthe Thu 15-Oct-09 22:18:42

Yes, yes, go for it. I wish I'd had 4 or 5, but too late now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: