Talk

Advanced search

What is your 2 year old's favourite toy?

(17 Posts)
Stefka Wed 14-Oct-09 12:10:53

Got a birthday coming up and wondering what to get. Would like something that will get a lot of use - what do your two year olds love?

BornToFolk Wed 14-Oct-09 12:16:25

It was DS's birthday yesterday. My sister bought him a pretend cash register and he loves it.
this one

It's supposed to be from 3 years but the only small bits are some plastic coins that could be removed.

He also got some play food that he loves.

kittywise Wed 14-Oct-09 12:18:13

cars, trucks, trains, tractors, thomas!!!!

AvonBarksdale Wed 14-Oct-09 12:20:21

The cheese grater :-/

insertwittynicknameHERE Wed 14-Oct-09 12:23:26

Anything ITNG and Thomas, she also loves, loves, loves painting and coloring smile

pseudscorner Wed 14-Oct-09 12:24:16

Jigsaws

Crayons / felt tips / paint

Train track

Duplo

Teddies

Pans / tea set

Books

Are DD's the most played with things.

BabyValentine Wed 14-Oct-09 13:35:16

My pegs hmm

Stefka Wed 14-Oct-09 13:41:50

Thanks. I am tempted to get a wooden kitchen but I can't think where we would put it as our house is so small. Think he would love that cash register for sure!

BlueChampagne Wed 14-Oct-09 16:07:03

Our free-standing A-frame blackboard currently gets more use than the play kitchen, and practically any other single thing. It folds flat, and has a white board on the other side. I got it via Freecycle but I think it was from Ikea originally.

Lots of creativity and little mess (so long as the chalk doesn't end up trodden into the carpet).

sunfleurs Wed 14-Oct-09 17:47:28

Rainbow Aquadraw. I love it too, a bowl of water and the Aquadraw mat and I can leave her to it. She is three now though.

I write family names on it and short words like Mum and Dad and cat, dog, star etc. She can already read those words.

Ditto the cars, diggers, trains, trucks etc, ANYTHING with wheels. He also likes books, drawings and a ball, but mostly he just plays with his vehicles all day long!

MarthaFarquhar Wed 14-Oct-09 17:54:50

toy food and tea set, and till.

MissWooWoo Wed 14-Oct-09 18:28:48

stefka if you are short on space try this

mini kitchen

it's lots of fun, portable, very good value and they do it in red and blue and if you don't fancy the pink

skinsl Wed 14-Oct-09 18:45:21

Fire Engine from ELC
http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/light-sound-fire-engine-1/

and he's got this truck/transporter that you put little cars in... loves it... was about £15 from Sainsburys!

wheredidiputit Wed 14-Oct-09 19:19:19

Anything she not supposed to have hmm or her baby brother again hmm.

But if insist she puts ds down grin, she will get one of her dolls.

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 14-Oct-09 19:20:18

The cat and her sister's scooter.

funtimewincies Wed 14-Oct-09 20:25:14

If you don't count things like the cardboard waiting to go in the recycling, the random bits of tat he collects in his 'treasure box' and 'painting' the outside walls with water and a wallpapering brush, then anything vehicle related is popular. He likes having tea parties on the stairs, so the tea set is getting a lot of use, as is the play food.

As someone else said, the Aquadraw stuff is good for pressies and doesn't get you into trouble with parents who are fed up with paint.

we're getting ds a wooden train set for Christmas as he's obsessed with the one at Nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now