Talk

Advanced search

Whats your daily routine?

(5 Posts)
HeidiT Wed 14-Oct-09 12:06:36

Hi just wondered what everyones daily routine is? I am worried I am not spending enough time playing and helping my 6month old develop.

Here we go

6:00 - 6:30 am - wakes up I have v large coffee and breakfast Heidi plays in swing with some toys
7am - breakfast and milk time
8am - take dog for a walk
9am - nap for 1 hour if not slept much on walk
10am - Heidi plays in her swing with some toys whilst I prepare bottles for the day and tidy up after breakfast and do any pureeing
11am - Heidi has lunch bottle
12 noon - nap til 2pm whilst I tidy house, iron, prepare dinner and have a shower.
2pm - walk to shop if need to get any bits
2:30pm have bottle
3:00 - 5pm - play together, looks at books and have some tummy time
5pm - Heidi plays in door bouncer in kitchen whilst I prepare her dinner and sort bits out
5:30pm - she has her dinner
6:00pm - Daddy gives her a bath
6:20pm - bottle and bed

Is this normal??????

Does anyone let their baby watch TV someone suggested putting her infront of TV to play in the morning but not sure whether this is good idea and also what to let her watch??????

WinkyWinkola Wed 14-Oct-09 12:08:53

Sounds just fine to me. Lucky baby. She gets lots of time playing with you, out in the fresh air, exploring toys by herself. Just the job.

You don't have to use T.V. if you don't want to.

Pinkmarshmallow Wed 14-Oct-09 14:06:35

This sounds good to me. It's great to have her in some sort of routine like this. Here's mine and DD's (7months) routine:
7am-8am wake & bottle, then cuddle and "chat" with DH & I in bed
8am-9am breakfast & DD sits in high chair afterwards watching me eat breakfast & clear kitchen
9am-10am DD in bouncer in my bedroom/ensuite and watches me shower & dress, bath her too if necessary
10am-10:30 sleep in cot
10:30- 12 Entertains herself in playpen
12noon lunch
1:00-1:30 walk
1:30-2:00 sleep
2:00-5:00 bottle and cuddle then plays in swing/ plapen or sits in highchair watching me prepare dinner in kitchen
5:00 Her dinner time, then watches us eat
6:00 Lie & kick or play or chat and cuddle DH, sometimes bath
7:00 Bottle & bed

moodlumthehoodlum Wed 14-Oct-09 14:32:23

God this thread makes me brooooody..

BiscuitStuffer Wed 14-Oct-09 19:25:19

I can vouch for the Galt rings for her to sit / lounge in so she can watch you do stuff while practising her sitting up and staying safe.

No TV needed IMO but dooooooooooo get a basket full of stuff that she can fiddle with and explore (google treasure basket) - it will help with her ability to feed herself and also provide hours of amusement for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now