Talk

Advanced search

how do i cope at bedtime??!!

(3 Posts)
littlelo Mon 12-Oct-09 21:12:53

Help! I'm struggling to get my 4yr old and 3month old to bed by myself, baby screams while i do oldest's bedtime routine and now its really getting me down!!

lionmummy Mon 12-Oct-09 21:51:28

I have a 3 year old & a one year old & I do the bedtime routine by myself a lot; this is my 'on my own' routine (timings are approx, just to give you an idea, am not mad clock watcher!:

6.45 - Bath on; prepare DD1's milk, get dummies, gather towels, nightware, nappy, vaseline, change mat etc & dump in bathroom.

6.50 - in the bath (all of us)
7.05 - me & DD2 out. Dress DD2, nappy etc in the bathroom.
7.10 - get DD1 out of the bath. dd1 & i sing to dd2 to amuse her (lying on changing mat on the bathroom floor still), dress dd2 for bed.
7.15 - Find small, 10 minute Disney princess something or other story on You Tube for DD1 - amused on the computer whilst I feed dd2 quietly in the bedroom
7.25 - dd2 down in the cot. dd1=stories, milk, teeth (although a bit stop start if have to soothe dd2 in the cot).
7.45 - dd2 settled in bed alone
7.45 - my dinnertime!

hope that helps! I am quite practised at this now and doesn't always go exactly to plan but leave plenty of time & it's ususally ok.

littlelo Tue 13-Oct-09 12:15:51

thanku!! Ineed to get my dd2's feedin time down and not feel so guilty leavin dd1 i think!! -the poor girl comes 2nd all the time now!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now