Talk

Advanced search

2yo DD has picked up a swear word - how to get her to drop it?

(7 Posts)
thereistheball Mon 12-Oct-09 12:45:49

She has started saying "shit" when she drops something or spills something on herself. She almost certainly got that from me blush. How do I get her to stop? Obv I need to stop myself from saying it, but do I also correct her, or just hope she will forget it?

seaglass Mon 12-Oct-09 12:47:28

Choose an innocent word to use yourself, use it often, and ignore you DC. She'll forget it soon

NorbertDentressangle Mon 12-Oct-09 12:48:01

Replace it with something else thats acceptable and hopefully after a few times of you dropping something and saying bollocks Oh deary me within her earshot, she might copy that instead?

ScaryFucker Mon 12-Oct-09 12:50:32

ignore the naughty word

and start a campaign for a less offensive one such as "oh flip" or like norbert said, "oh deary me"

mwff Mon 12-Oct-09 12:51:42

i tell them children don't use those words and also try to clean up my act, has been surprisingly successful here.

i have to say when we were playing a game of shopping list and i wasn't really paying attention i was so taken aback when my 2yo said "take the fucking aubergines" that i had her repeat it several times as i must have misheard blush

busybutterfly Sat 17-Oct-09 15:19:37

I think "fucking aubergines" is a great description {grin]

lou031205 Sat 17-Oct-09 16:15:10

My mum said "oh, you can say that, but don't ever say blueberries." Of course we did. But we were a bit older than 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now