Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 Young For Star Wars

(11 Posts)
mosababy Fri 10-Jun-05 19:01:21

Hi, new here and not a mum, looking after 2 boys for weekend. almost 4 and nearly 6 a piece. Suggested to go to Star Wars - they're very excited but I've heard its scary so concerned about taking them? What to do?

lima Fri 10-Jun-05 19:04:00

lots of views here

Satine Fri 10-Jun-05 19:04:18

Are you talking about the latest one? My dh saw it and said that it is very dark in theme and whilst there is no gore, there are lots of fight scenes and it's pretty obvious what is happening. As it's someone else's children, I'd steer clear, personally. You never know what sparks nightmares!

vickiyumyum Fri 10-Jun-05 19:04:27

6 year old will prbabbly be ok, we took our 7 year old last weekened and he was fine.
to be honest, we hadn't taken our 3yo because we thought it would be too scary, but there were plenty of kids in about the 3-4 age range and nobody was crying or seemed very frightened.

vickiyumyum Fri 10-Jun-05 19:04:49

has the mum/dad suggested it?

mosababy Fri 10-Jun-05 19:07:06

Mum and Dad will probably take them if I don't - giving in to their persistance!! Satine, I agree it could be the stuff of nightmares but they will be so disappointed. Thanks for the link Lima, I'll check it out.

vickiyumyum Fri 10-Jun-05 19:21:45

i would talk to the parents and explain your concerns and if they are happy for you to take them then take them!

mosababy Fri 10-Jun-05 20:01:11

I'll do that, reckon I'll be going. thanks for all

Slave2Babe Fri 10-Jun-05 23:18:55

I went with dp to see it and it is quite dark. It is a lot different to the original 3 films (which are all quite good family type films) - even the first 2 of the new trilogy are fairly upbeat and not very graphic in comparison.

Personally, I would be rather reluctant about taking a 4 year old.

clary Fri 10-Jun-05 23:47:17

I've not seen it but FWIW my colleague who reviews films for a livign says there is no way he woud take his dds (5 and 7) to see it, too scary and dark.
They have seen the first 3 (by which I mean STar Wars, TESB and RotJ) btw and were fine with them.

mosababy Sat 11-Jun-05 15:50:29

Weather actually came to the rescue, they've gone to the beach to build sandcastles! I'll let their mum and dad make the decision another time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now